    adapter is not installed or because software for the adapter is not
    installed.â€

    What is the “adapter†it is referring too? What should I do?

    =?Utf-8?B?b2gtY3JhcA==?=, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Hi

    Your son probably has a Modem and a Router; you do not need more than one
    Router to share an Internet connection and to form a Local Network.

    The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
    about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point:

    The three first pages were written ages ago. You might ignore the prices,
    and the specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles they are
    still the same.

    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -

    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -

    Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122

    The whole thing should like this,

    http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html