Creating a Windows Service

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lando Chez, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Lando Chez

    Lando Chez Guest

    Hi , I don´t know if this is the right group. But maybe someone can
    help me to the right discussion group.

    I have created a Windows Sesrvice through a reg file. This is the
    content of the reg file:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\User Admin
    Agent]
    "Description"="Starts the User Process."

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\User Admin
    Agent
    \Parameters]
    "Application"="C:\\RunAgent\\UserProcess.cmd"

    The service is created perfectly. What I want to do is the following.
    When I stop the service I would like to kill/shutdown a process that
    is initiated when the service is started. I have asked around how to
    do it. I found out that it is possible but I have to add dependencies
    when creating the Windows Service.
    How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
    And how can I make sure that this dependency is to shut down a
    process(in this case java.exe)?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Regards

    Lando Chez, Sep 11, 2008

  2. Lando Chez

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:05:56 -0700 (PDT), Lando Chez wrote:

    >Hi , I don´t know if this is the right group. But maybe someone can
    >help me to the right discussion group.

    You are messing around with services and end up in 24HSHD :)

    Depending on maybe OS (Win Reg Editor v5) , developemts tools possibly
    other things you didn't say. There are quite a few development
    newsgroups in microsoft.public.*

    >I have created a Windows Sesrvice through a reg file. This is the
    >content of the reg file:

    As mentioned perhaps a lot of times. When doing something like this with
    MS products and development you want

    http://msdn.microsoft.com
    Results 1-50 of about 71,800 for: service dependencies (1.8 seconds)

    or the ever popular http://support.microsoft.com

    List of MS froups
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=gtype=0,usenet=microsoft.public,&

    There are lots of programming , development forums and blogs MS run or
    3rd party.

    >The service is created perfectly. What I want to do is the following.
    >When I stop the service I would like to kill/shutdown a process that

    Work out what the process PID is :)

    >is initiated when the service is started. I have asked around how to
    >do it. I found out that it is possible but I have to add dependencies
    >when creating the Windows Service.
    >How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
    >And how can I make sure that this dependency is to shut down a
    >process(in this case java.exe)?

    Using text from your msg above
    Results 1 - 10 of about 195,000 for create a dependency at the creation
    of the Windows Service.

    Creating a Windows Service - Vista Forums
    when creating the Windows Service. How can I create a dependency at the
    creation of the Windows Service? And how can I make sure that this
    dependency is to ...
    www.vistax64.com/net-general/180428-creating-windows-service.html - 3
    hours ago - Similar pages

    iAnywhere.com - Managing services using the dbsvc command-line utility
    Specify service dependencies when creating a service ... The Service
    Creation utility provides the same functionality as the Service Creation
    wizard in ...
    www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0901/en/html/dbdaen9/00000598.htm
    - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

    Creating service dependencies - ITtoolbox Groups
    Creating service dependencies. Reply from Charles Banks on 8/5/2003
    1:27:00 PM ... Does anyone know the steps on manually creating windows .
    http://windows.ittoolbox.com/groups...ws2000-l/creating-service-dependencies-307470
    - 57k - Cached - Similar pages

    [3441] Creating a Windows Service in VB.NET Forums - Programming ...
    26 Feb 2004 ... This thread is for discussions of Creating a Windows
    Service in VB. ... to set Dependencies to make sure Windows loads your
    service in the ...
    www.developerfusion.co.uk/forums/t/36993/ - 84k - Cached - Similar pages

    Results 1 - 10 of about 170,000 for windows xp service dependencies

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193888

    [PDF]
    White Paper: Service Dependencies in Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP ...
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Service Dependencies in. Microsoft. ®. Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003.
    Servers. Rev 2 – June 1, 2006. Lieberman Software Corporation ...
    www.liebsoft.com/whitepapers/pdf_files/Service_Dependencies.pdf

    How to create a Windows service by using Sc.exe
    Note In Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista,
    and Windows ... It has dependencies on the TDI group and on the NetBIOS
    service. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192 - Similar pages

    Delay Services in Windows 2000/XP/2003
    In Windows 2000 and Windows XP you can also use the Services Snap-in to
    view ... To create a new dependency, select the subkey representing the
    service you ...
    www.petri.co.il/delay_services_in_windows_2000_xp_2003.htm - 58k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    TheMSsForum.com >> VC >> Service dependency in CreateService - The ...
    14 Mar 2008 ... Thank you Tag: Service dependency in CreateService Tag:
    288730 .... The same application works very well on windows XP. ...
    www.themssforum.com/VC/Service-dependency/ - 50k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Add Dependencies to Service : add, service, dependencies
    Tags: add, service, dependencies. Let's say I have a Windows 2000 Server
    with a Print .... TCPIP is a protocol stack, not a system service of
    NT/2K/XP. ...
    www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Windows_Networking/NT/Q_21600405.html
    - 74k - Cached - Similar pages

    #
    Creating a Windows Service with dependencies
    How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
    .... Windows XP Home and Professional Service Configurations, Noodles ...
    www.wirelessforums.org/alt-computer-security/creating-windows-service-dependencies-49670.html
    - 2 hours ago - Similar pages
    #

    CreateService Function (Windows)
    Specify NULL or an empty string if the service has no dependencies. ...
    Client, Requires Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
    Professional. ...
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682450(VS.85).aspx - 35k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    dependency and management Resources | TechRepublic
    Service Dependency Mapping SDM products automate the process of creating
    and ... provides a pre-packaged option for defending Windows XP against
    MAC OS X. . ...
    http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/dependency and management.html
    - 55k - Cached - Similar pages

    How to: Code Service Dependencies - Jan Schreuder on .Net
    7 Dec 2006 ... DisplayName = "My wonderful windows service."; installer.
    .... It is very easy to create circular dependencies this way. You're
    services ...
    http://bloggingabout.net/blogs/jsch...7/How-to_3A00_-Code-Service-Dependencies.aspx
    - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

    Try public forums for service products,