Creating a Windows Service with dependencies

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Harry Bellafonte, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Hi

    I have created a Windows Sesrvice through a reg file. This is the
    content of the reg file:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\User Admin
    Agent]
    "Description"="Starts the User Process."

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\User Admin Agent
    \Parameters]
    "Application"="C:\\RunAgent\\UserProcess.cmd"

    The service is created perfectly. What I want to do is the following.
    When I stop the service I would like to kill/shutdown a process that
    is initiated when the service is started. I have asked around how to
    do it. I found out that it is possible but I have to add dependencies
    when creating the Windows Service.
    How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
    And how can I make sure that this dependency is to shut down a
    process(in this case java.exe)?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Regards

    Harry Bellafonte, Sep 11, 2008