    --
    m-m
    http://www.mhmyers.com

    M-M, Feb 20, 2009

  2. M-M

    Justin C Guest

    In article <>, M-M wrote:
    > I made a movie of trees changing through the 4 seasons by taking stills
    > of the same scene during the year. I used Photoshop Elements to align
    > the layers and iMovie to make the transitions.
    >
    > I think the result is interesting- 4 seasons in 30 seconds. Comments
    > welcome:
    >
    > http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/tl/tl.html

    More images, shorter frame length, same length movie.

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.

    Justin C, Feb 21, 2009

  3. M-M

    M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    d.sorensen <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:39:19 -0500, M-M <> wrote:
    >
    > >I made a movie of trees changing through the 4 seasons by taking stills
    > >of the same scene during the year. I used Photoshop Elements to align
    > >the layers and iMovie to make the transitions.
    > >
    > >I think the result is interesting- 4 seasons in 30 seconds. Comments
    > >welcome:
    > >
    > >http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/tl/tl.html
    > >
    > >You will need the Quicktime plugin to make it work, I believe.

    > 7 or 9 frames dissolving in a slide-show isn't true "time-lapse"
    > photography, unless used for a movie clip shorter than 1 second. Nice idea
    > but it would have been much more interesting if it was true time-lapse.
    > Then you'd face the challenges of all time-lapse photographers, changing
    > lighting conditions from hour to hour, day to day. You could have saved a
    > ton of bandwidth if you just uploaded your few frames for each "movie" into
    > any number of freeware "slideshow" or screensaver apps with the same
    > dissolve effect.

    Any dissolve effect multiplies the number of frames and the bandwidth
    increases proportionately. The movie is 40 sec (not 30- I'll correct
    that) at 30 frames/sec. That's 1200 frames taking a bit over 5 MB. I
    don't see how you can get it smaller without making it choppy or overly
    compressed.

    > You also missed including snow and winter shots in slide-show 1. It would
    > have provided much more contrast between them. Technically, you're only
    > portraying 3 seasons in that slide-show, spring to fall. 9 frames in 9
    > months?

    The first frame was taken last week, in February. There are definitely 4
    seasons portrayed.

    > The second slide-show denoting even less seasonal change than that,
    > only the late part of 1 autumn season to first snow. Judging by how many
    > leaves are on the shrub and the late colors, I'd say the second slide-show
    > is only showing about a week in autumn. 7 frames, 7 days. I doubt the
    > advertised 3 weeks, unless you waited that long after the 6th shot for the
    > first snow.

    It was 3 weeks. Shall I post the dates of each frame?

    <sigh>

    --
    m-m
    http://www.mhmyers.com

    M-M, Feb 21, 2009
  4. M-M

    Paul Furman Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > "M-M" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I made a movie of trees changing through the 4 seasons by taking stills
    >> of the same scene during the year. I used Photoshop Elements to align
    >> the layers and iMovie to make the transitions.
    >>
    >> I think the result is interesting- 4 seasons in 30 seconds. Comments
    >> welcome:
    >>
    >> http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/tl/tl.html
    >>
    >> You will need the Quicktime plugin to make it work, I believe.

    > Reminds me of something I saw on Vimeo:
    > http://www.vimeo.com/2773102
    >
    > Details are on the following link:
    > http://eirikso.com/2008/12/27/one-year-worth-of-images-give-some-amazing-videos/

    I like that look, same as the OP, I prefer the faster version... from
    your link with details:

    "At the top of this article you find a 40 second version that show one
    year. Using the 10mm wide angle images. Right above you find a two
    minute version made from the 55mm zoomed in images.

    First I used Photomatix to make HDR images of the ones I decided to use.
    Mostly because the HDR effect makes the images flat so that the
    difference in light and shadows won’t disturb the transitions in my video."

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Feb 23, 2009