    find 61.132.189.106 255.255.255.255 on interface outside. Would you like to
    add this host or network now?" Do I want to go ahead and do this?

    Thanks for the help.

    Corbin O'Reilly, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Hi. I successfully created this rule but I have one more question. When I do
    a Show Config in the CLI, the line "pdm location Hacker1 255.255.255.255
    outside" now shows up in the config. Hacker1 is a reference to the external
    IP address 61.132.89.106 that I am now blocking. Should I remove this line?
    Thanks.

    "Corbin O'Reilly" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone. I would like to prevent a specific external IP address from
    > accessing anything on my Internal LAN. I have just recently loaded PDM
    > 3.0(1) onto my PIX 515 running 6.3(1) and am getting used to it. Let's
    > assume the external IP address that I want to block is 61.132.89.106. When

    > create a new rule, it wants me to fill in certain information under the
    > ACTION, SOURCE HOST/NETWORK, DESTINATION HOST/NETWORK, and PROTCOL AND
    > SERVICE boxes. Please tell me if what I am choosing is correct.
    >
    > ACTION = deny
    > SOURCE HOST/NETWORK = outside, 61.132.89.106, 255.255.255.255
    > DESTINATION HOST/NETWORK = inside, 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0
    > PROTOCOL AND SERVICE = IP
    >
    > If I choose these settings and click OK a box comes up and says, "PDM

    cannot

    Corbin O'Reilly, Nov 20, 2003

  3. In article <JoVub.6457$>,
    Corbin O'Reilly <> wrote:
    :Hi. I successfully created this rule but I have one more question. When I do
    :a Show Config in the CLI, the line "pdm location Hacker1 255.255.255.255
    :eek:utside" now shows up in the config. Hacker1 is a reference to the external
    :IP address 61.132.89.106 that I am now blocking. Should I remove this line?

    You could, but PDM will just recreate the line the next time it
    reads the config.

    It isn't an operative line -- it just gives pdm information that pdm
    uses to present data to the user.

    --
    "Meme" is self-referential; memes exist if and only if the "meme" meme
    exists. "Meme" is thus logically a meta-meme; but until the existance

    Walter Roberson, Nov 20, 2003