    Whats the procedure?

    Thanks
    Tom
    twfsa, May 12, 2005

  2. twfsa

    Sirius Guest

    "twfsa" <> wrote in message
    news:mwPge.6187$cf5.779@lakeread07...
    > Can this be done with W 98 second edition?

    w98 doesn't have that. The restore points are part of XP. With 98 you so
    have scandisk/restore at boot up which can solve a lot of problems.
    Sirius, May 12, 2005

  3. twfsa wrote:
    > Can this be done with W 98 second edition?

    No.

    > Whats the procedure?

    Upgrade toWindows ME or XP.

    > Thanks
    > Tom

    Anytime
    -max
    What's in a Name?, May 13, 2005
  4. twfsa

    haphzrd Guest

    twfsa <> wrote:
    > Can this be done with W 98 second edition?
    >
    > Whats the procedure?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tom

    This can't be done with that version of Windows.

    An alternative would be to ghost a copy of your drive, and install it as
    necessary. Deep Freeze also works to freeze your hard drive in a state that
    *any* changes will be reset during a reboot (you can install a second hard
    drive or partition, for saving data).

    Deep Freeze:
    http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

    Norton Ghost:
    http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

    --
    : :: : haphzrd : :: :
    haphzrd, May 13, 2005
  5. twfsa

    Spajky Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:03:12 -0500, "twfsa" <> wrote:

    >Can this be done with W 98 second edition?
    >
    >Whats the procedure?

    you need add_on 3rd party back up program like
    http://www.cds-inc.com/
    Back Again II LE (free) & properly configured
    /works if you can boot to Safe Mode at least/
    --
    Regards , SPAJKY ®
    mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Spajky, May 13, 2005
  6. twfsa

    bambam Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:03:12 -0500, twfsa wrote:

    > Can this be done with W 98 second edition?
    >
    > Whats the procedure?

    As others have already pointed out, there is no system restore in Win98.
    You might like to look at this program, as a freeware alternative-

    System Safe Gold

    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?2000000035729

    I used to use it, way back before I bought Win XP.
    Definatly worth a look.
    bambam, May 13, 2005