    something the the drive before I do this. I am currently
    running XP.

    Please help!

    newbee, Feb 13, 2004

  2. newbee

    kulgan Guest

    I am assuming that you have the whole drive as 1 big
    partition(Windows sees the HD as probably drive C:) and
    you have windows on Drive C:. So you have no unused space
    to partition.
    To partition your HD you will have to reinstall Windows
    and partiton your drive the way you want to in win setup
    Or if you have XP Pro i believe you can upgrade your
    basic disk to a dynamic disk and resize the dynamic disk
    without loosing any Files. Then you should have unused
    space to righ click and create your other partition.:)

    kulgan, Feb 13, 2004

  3. newbee

    czmex Guest

    Also, if you don't want to reinstall windows just
    purchase a program like partition magic. This will allow
    you to resize your existing partition and allow you to
    create others without losing any information.

    install
    >win 2000 and sql 2000.
    >
    >It tell me to do the following on step 3.
    >

    >Right-click an unallocated region of a basic disk, and
    >then click New Partition, or right-click free space in

    an

    czmex, Feb 13, 2004