creating a network setup disk

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?=, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. My network setup wizard requires me to use a network setup disc on my desk
    top because it uses windows 2000. I have to make one from my lap top because
    it uses XP and then I use it on my desk top to complete the networking for my
    two computers. However, it has a default that looks for a floppy drive. I
    don't have a floppy drive. Can I not get the wizard to recognize the CD in
    the CD writer in order to make the Network Setup disc?
    =?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?=, Jan 11, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. From the XP Help file:
    "To configure other computers on your network using the CD
    If you are running the Network Setup Wizard on Windows XP, you must be
    logged on as an administrator to complete this procedure.

    Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer that you want to connect to
    your home or small office network.
    Click Perform additional tasks.
    Click Set up a home or small office network."

    "swmbikrun" wrote:

    > My network setup wizard requires me to use a network setup disc on my desk
    > top because it uses windows 2000. I have to make one from my lap top because
    > it uses XP and then I use it on my desk top to complete the networking for my
    > two computers. However, it has a default that looks for a floppy drive. I
    > don't have a floppy drive. Can I not get the wizard to recognize the CD in
    > the CD writer in order to make the Network Setup disc?
    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Jan 11, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Unfortunately I have an Acer that comes with pre-loaded XP with a recovery
    disk. I don't have a disk that would be labled "Windows XP"

    "Hugh" wrote:

    > From the XP Help file:
    > "To configure other computers on your network using the CD
    > If you are running the Network Setup Wizard on Windows XP, you must be
    > logged on as an administrator to complete this procedure.
    >
    > Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer that you want to connect to
    > your home or small office network.
    > Click Perform additional tasks.
    > Click Set up a home or small office network."
    >
    > "swmbikrun" wrote:
    >
    > > My network setup wizard requires me to use a network setup disc on my desk
    > > top because it uses windows 2000. I have to make one from my lap top because
    > > it uses XP and then I use it on my desk top to complete the networking for my
    > > two computers. However, it has a default that looks for a floppy drive. I
    > > don't have a floppy drive. Can I not get the wizard to recognize the CD in
    > > the CD writer in order to make the Network Setup disc?
    =?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?=, Jan 11, 2005
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?=

    Malke Guest

    swmbikrun wrote:

    > Unfortunately I have an Acer that comes with pre-loaded XP with a
    > recovery
    > disk. I don't have a disk that would be labled "Windows XP"


    You don't need to use the setup disk to set up a network; there's no
    reason you can't do it manually. Post back with what your network is
    (cable/dsl, dialup, router, etc.) and we'll help you with the network
    settings for Win2k.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    Malke, Jan 11, 2005
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    you do not need the network setup disc for any windows systems with XP
    regardless!
    esp win2k.

    follow:

    http://www.careyholzman.com/

    http://www.ezlan.net/


    mike



    "swmbikrun" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My network setup wizard requires me to use a network setup disc on my desk
    > top because it uses windows 2000. I have to make one from my lap top

    because
    > it uses XP and then I use it on my desk top to complete the networking for

    my
    > two computers. However, it has a default that looks for a floppy drive.

    I
    > don't have a floppy drive. Can I not get the wizard to recognize the CD

    in
    > the CD writer in order to make the Network Setup disc?
    mikeFNB, Jan 11, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?SXJpc2hpcw==?=

    Network setup disk, no floppy drive

    =?Utf-8?B?SXJpc2hpcw==?=, Sep 14, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,774
    Jack \(MVP\)
    Sep 14, 2005
  2. Guest
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    954
    Daeron
    Nov 20, 2003
  3. Darren Dilnott

    Creating a Restore disk

    Darren Dilnott, Mar 2, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    3,502
    Martin Webster
    Mar 3, 2004
  4. Alex Kaye

    Creating a start-up disk

    Alex Kaye, Sep 7, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    2,819
    Nimrod
    Sep 7, 2004
  5. rking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    275
    Bill Hilton
    Aug 2, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page