    What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
    do I eventually carry out the process ?

    Thanks in advance !
    Knut Arvid Keilen, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:20:16 +0100, Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

    > I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
    > using Microsoft Outlook.
    >
    > What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
    > do I eventually carry out the process ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance !

    If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

    Meat Plow, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:34:16 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:20:16 +0100, Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
    >> using Microsoft Outlook.
    >>
    >> What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
    >> do I eventually carry out the process ?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance !

    > If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

    It doesn't - it's an http account.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10
    Gordon, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:44:51 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:34:16 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:20:16 +0100, Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
    >>> using Microsoft Outlook.
    >>>
    >>> What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
    >>> do I eventually carry out the process ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance !

    >> If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

    > It doesn't - it's an http account.

    Not sure if Outlook 2K did HTTP but I know 2003 does. Never tried it
    however.

    Meat Plow, Mar 21, 2006
  5. Knut Arvid Keilen

    old man Guest

    OL2k does however only a premium - paid for - hotmail account is accessible
    via OL or OE, though I believe if you are a long time user it is still
    accessible.

    old man, Mar 21, 2006
  6. Knut Arvid Keilen

    redefined Guest

    This is correct. I have been using Hotmail for almost 10 years and I
    have no problem checking my e-mail with Outlook 2003 and/or Outlook
    2000. However, I tried to set my dad's Outlook to do the same with his
    newer Hotmail address, and it required a premium account.

    Roman

    redefined, Mar 21, 2006
  7. old man wrote:

    > OL2k does however only a premium - paid for - hotmail account is
    > accessible via OL or OE, though I believe if you are a long time user
    > it is still accessible.

    Asked and answered a couple of weeks ago. Legacy hotmail accounts (pre
    November 2004 was the point of change as I recall) can be accessed via a
    POP3 email client. Newer, free hotmail accounts cannot.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 21, 2006