    time it does not. Next time I download the messages the name is still
    there. What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks

    Scratch, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Scratch

    Moz Champion Guest

    Scratch wrote:

    > Why when I click on the name of a person I want to filter and save it
    > when in a message it seldom saves? Sometimes it does but most of the
    > time it does not. Next time I download the messages the name is still
    > there. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks

    Why are you saving it?
    Use Message-->Create Filter from Message to create a filter that will
    automatically filter out a specific sender.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Scratch

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    >> Why when I click on the name of a person I want to filter and save it
    >> when in a message it seldom saves? Sometimes it does but most of the
    >> time it does not. Next time I download the messages the name is still
    >> there. What am I doing wrong?

    > Why are you saving it?
    > Use Message-->Create Filter from Message to create a filter that will
    > automatically filter out a specific sender.

    I've seen this, too, on occasion, but chalked it up to not clicking Ok
    all the way out of the windows. I'm not really sure, but now I create a
    filter and then go back in to make sure it's there.

    I never see them disappear after closing and reopening TB. Once saved,
    they're good. So, for me, it was probably user error.

    Z, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Scratch wrote:
    > Why when I click on the name of a person I want to filter and save it
    > when in a message it seldom saves? Sometimes it does but most of the
    > time it does not. Next time I download the messages the name is still
    > there. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you are using the right click option it doesn't appear to work.
    Choose Tools\Junk mail Controls and see if that works.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    graeme@invalid, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Scratch

    Scratch Guest

    graeme@invalid wrote:
    > Scratch wrote:
    >
    >> Why when I click on the name of a person I want to filter and save it
    >> when in a message it seldom saves? Sometimes it does but most of the
    >> time it does not. Next time I download the messages the name is still
    >> there. What am I doing wrong?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > If you are using the right click option it doesn't appear to work.
    > Choose Tools\Junk mail Controls and see if that works.

    Ok, thank you

    Scratch, Feb 9, 2005