    crawl out from under? If you can't help, shut up!
    Goodwill,
    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Sep 13, 2008

  2. TheStoneCrusher

    Shinta Maru Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 01:15:51 -0400, TheStoneCrusher wrote:

    > I am trying to install XP on a Vista installed Laptop. I created a
    > partition & set the bios to boot from the 'Floppy Drive. I used an AP
    > rescue disk and ended up at an A: prompt. Then I tried to use Nero to
    > create a bootable disk without success. Finally I downloaded some files
    > for a boot disk and that failed.
    >
    > Thank you in advance to those who actually try to deal with my problem
    > instead of exposing their crassness with stupid remarks. What rock do
    > they crawl out from under? If you can't help, shut up!

    Could you describe your current situation? You seem to have Vista
    installed and you seem to have created a partition in which to install XP.

    Have you sucessfully installed XP in that partition?

    Are you now trying to set up an arrangement by which you can choose
    between Vista and XP when you turn on your computer?

    Shinta Maru, Sep 13, 2008

  3. TheStoneCrusher

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 01:15:51 -0400, TheStoneCrusher wrote:

    >I am trying to install XP on a Vista installed Laptop. I created a

    Try previous posts in 24HSHD, it's a topic with lots of answers.

    You want to keep the Vista install?

    >partition & set the bios to boot from the 'Floppy Drive. I used an AP

    So that worked, and can boot from floppy?

    What's an AP?

    Set BIOS to boot from CD and boot from the XP CD.

    The XP install, will let you create partitions / delete, select the
    partition to install on.

    Better if you can wipe the disk, create your partitions, install XP
    first then Vista.

    Otherwise if XP wiped the Vista bootloader, you will need to run a
    repair to put it back.

    How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery ...
    The boot sector has been replaced with a non-standard Windows Vista boot
    sector ... Windows NT Loader (NTLDR) instead of Windows Boot Manager
    (Bootmgr.exe). ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392 - Similar pages

    >rescue disk and ended up at an A: prompt. Then I tried to use Nero to

    What did you want to do next?

    >create a bootable disk without success. Finally I downloaded some files for

    It failed how? You don't give a lot of help in places.

    >a boot disk and that failed.

    From where and again failed how?

    If you need to boot from floppy that has CD drivers, the ever popular
    www.bootdisk.com

    <snip junk, you could apply to your post>

    >Goodwill,
    >Luke

    Me

    why?, Sep 13, 2008
  4. TheStoneCrusher

    Guest

    "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to install XP on a Vista installed Laptop. I created a
    >partition & set the bios to boot from the 'Floppy Drive. I used an AP
    >rescue disk and ended up at an A: prompt. Then I tried to use Nero to
    >create a bootable disk without success. Finally I downloaded some files for
    >a boot disk and that failed.

    (I don't run nor have vista on my computer)

    Boot up into vista, insert the XP CD and see if you can install XP
    that way.

    It's how I've always set my dual boots up, but vista had a different
    boot loader.

    --

    1K project
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 13, 2008
  5. TheStoneCrusher

    Plato Guest

    TheStoneCrusher wrote:

    > I am trying to install XP on a Vista installed Laptop. I created a
    > partition & set the bios to boot from the 'Floppy Drive. I used an AP
    > rescue disk and ended up at an A: prompt. Then I tried to use Nero to
    > create a bootable disk without success. Finally I downloaded some files for
    > a boot disk and that failed.
    >
    > Thank you in advance to those who actually try to deal with my problem
    > instead of exposing their crassness with stupid remarks. What rock do they
    > crawl out from under? If you can't help, shut up!

    Telephone book, yellow pages, computer, sales and service.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 14, 2008