    if this is correct can anyone give me the text for the batch file that would
    run the disk clean-up

    Many thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VwZXJjaGVm?=, Mar 23, 2006

  2. What program do you mean by "disk clean-up"? I'm afraid I can't write a
    batch file unless I know what program it is you're trying to run.

    The general syntax of the batch file would be:

    @echo off
    REM batch file to do xyz
    Drive:\fullpath\exectuable /switches <target> > c:\temp\batchfile.log

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Hello
    Use cleanmgr to clean the drive:
    315246 How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315246

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>
    <Subject: Re: Creating a batch file
    <Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:25:04 -0800
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <What program do you mean by "disk clean-up"? I'm afraid I can't write a
    <batch file unless I know what program it is you're trying to run.
    <
    <The general syntax of the batch file would be:
    <
    <@echo off
    <REM batch file to do xyz
    <Drive:\fullpath\exectuable /switches <target> > c:\temp\batchfile.log
    <
    <
    <--
    <Charlie.
    <http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <
    <Superchef wrote:
    <> The problem i have is that i am looking to set up the schedulers to run a
    <> disk clean-up on my machines But the machines have multi partitions and i
    <> only require the C Drive to be cleaned out. I have been told that to get
    <> the scheduler to complete the task whilst away from the machines that I
    <> would need to create a batch file and allow the scheduler to run the
    <> batch file. if this is correct can anyone give me the text for the batch
    <> file that would run the disk clean-up
    <>
    <> Many thanks
    <
    <
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 23, 2006
  4. I was trying to use cleanmgr Does this help

    grateful for the help

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VwZXJjaGVm?=, Mar 24, 2006
  5. See MS KB article: Q253597.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q253597. It's all
    about how to automate disk cleanup using cleanmgr.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 24, 2006