    the same thing? Or the commands that need to be added.

    Cheers
    Gavin
    Gavin, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Hi

    The most common way to disconnect the Internet is to release the TCP/IP
    stack using the ipconfig command.

    Use Notepad (or ant other text editor to create two batch files.

    IpReleas.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /release_all

    IpRenew.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /renew_all

    Drag a short cut from each file to a place of your choice (like the
    Desktop).

    Now you can disengage and engage by simple Double clicking.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 14, 2006

  3. To add to Jack's reply,

    If it's a Laptop you can use FN+F2 to disable, then use it again to
    re-enable.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Louis Vitiello Jr.
    ------------------------------

    Louis Vitiello Jr., Apr 14, 2006
  4. Gavin

    GTS Guest

    To add to Louis's reply,
    The keypress to enable / disable wireless varies from one brand of laptop to
    another. Yours may or may not use the combo mentioned.

    GTS, Apr 14, 2006
  5. Gavin

    GTS Guest

    and is applicable to built in wirelss, not a pcmcia card.

    GTS, Apr 14, 2006