CreateProcess - failling to launch app on Windows 2003 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Frank, Dec 1, 2008.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hi,

    We have a 32 bit application that launches other 32 bit applications
    during its process using CreateProcess. The application is working
    fine on other 64 bit plateforms but on Windows server 2003 64 bit, we
    get an error trying to launch the apps: error 193 (not a valid 32 bit
    application). But we can manually launch these applications on that
    system without any problem.

    I though we had found the problem with this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822961

    But our customer does have this patch on his system and the error is
    still occuring.

    If anyone else encountered something similar or if anyone has any idea
    on how to resolve this, it would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!
    François Côté

    Frank, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Hi,
    your link provides information ONLY for a patch for ia64 systems

    i doubt, and i have to submit i dont know, that any x32 or x64 application
    is compatible with ia64

    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Dec 1, 2008

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    On Dec 1, 3:25 pm, "Juergen Kluth" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > your link provides information ONLY for a patch for ia64 systems
    >
    > i doubt, and i have to submit i dont know, that any x32 or x64 application
    > is compatible with ia64
    >
    > jk

    OK, thanks Juergen for the clarification that the patch was for
    Itanium but let's not have this comment throw this off topic! The
    problem I'm having is not Itanium related.

    Frank, Dec 1, 2008
  4. Hi,
    may be a redirection fault in your programming ?
    >Similarly, only 64-bit apps can use "c:program Files"; 32-bit apps are
    >invisibly redirected to "c:program Files (x86)".

    from: http://developer.amd.com/pages/316200464.aspx
    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Dec 1, 2008