Create vcd file from raw data

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by avinashthakare, Dec 7, 2009.

  1. avinashthakare

    avinashthakare

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi All,

    I running design on FPGA and the output data of design is dumped on my host machine as raw data.
    For example : design has 2 outputs "a" & "b".
    and on every clock a & b data in dumped on host machine as shown below.
    ######
    MSB represents "a" & LSB represents "b"
    ######
    10 -->first rising edge of clock
    01 -->second rising edge of clock
    ######

    I would like to know if you have script which converts this raw data into vcd file so it can be viewed in modelsim or anyother simulation which supports this format.

    Thanks
    Avinash
    avinashthakare, Dec 7, 2009