Create the illusion of depth in landscape photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by newcamz.blogspot.com, Aug 16, 2006.

  1. newcamz.blogspot.com, Aug 16, 2006

  2. newcamz.blogspot.com

    Guest

    newcamz.blogspot.com wrote:
    > Create the illusion of depth in landscape photography
    > by Jeff Wignall
    >
    > "The lack of a third dimension means it's up to you to create a
    > believable illusion of distance in your photographs."
    >
    > http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy&article=041006
    >
    > Cheers!
    > http://newcamz.blogspot.com

    One of the little-talked-about depth perception clues is the change in
    scale of texture from foreground to background. This can add to a
    photo. Adams frequently emphasized this. One way is to use a low
    camera vantage point so grass or whatever ground texture is emphasized
    in the photo. I didn't see this discussed much at that site, so
    thought I'd mention it.

    , Aug 16, 2006

  3. newcamz.blogspot.com

    bmoag Guest

    This has been a topic that has been studied and discussed since the
    Renaissance--sfumato anyone?
    Composition alone is not enough and often the least important element.

    bmoag, Aug 16, 2006