Create PDF files...?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenneth, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    Howdy,

    I need to create a bunch of PDF files from Word Docs. I assumed
    originally that I would buy a copy of Adobe Acrobat Standard, but now
    see that there are a bunch of other options. Most seem to work as
    virtual printer drivers that are used to print to file.

    Do these work well? Is there a downside to this approach? Are some of
    these products significantly better than others?

    I just experimented with a product called Virtual PDF Printer and see
    that it does not handle Word fonts well at all.

    Thanks for any tips,

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Alexander Rogge, Feb 16, 2004

  3. On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:43:22 +0000, Alexander Rogge
    <> wrote:

    >> I need to create a bunch of PDF files from Word Docs.

    >http://www.openoffice.org/product/writer.html

    You mean word can't export to PDF Files??? Gee whiz, Corel Word
    Perfect Suite's been doing that for a while....

    John H. Guillory, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Kenneth

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:59:01 -0500, Kenneth
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy,
    >
    >I need to create a bunch of PDF files from Word Docs. I assumed
    >originally that I would buy a copy of Adobe Acrobat Standard, but now
    >see that there are a bunch of other options. Most seem to work as
    >virtual printer drivers that are used to print to file.
    >
    >Do these work well? Is there a downside to this approach? Are some of
    >these products significantly better than others?
    >
    >I just experimented with a product called Virtual PDF Printer and see
    >that it does not handle Word fonts well at all.
    >
    >Thanks for any tips,

    The only one I've used, CutePDF Printer, works very well. It's one of
    the "virtual printer drivers" type. Prints from any application, no
    problem handling any font I've thrown at it. You could use it to
    export multiple docs to PDF files by selecting them in Explorer,
    right-click and select Print. I've yet to find a downside to it.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Kenneth