Create connection window radio button for username password grayed out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    We used the Windows XP HOme CD to rerun setup ("upgrade" option). It
    went OK but when we go to create a new connection for the broadband
    connection (DSL) the window that has three radio buttons for type of
    manual connection, has the option we need grayed out. It's the one
    that says something like create a broadband connection with a username
    and password.

    The support guy at the DSL ISP said there is an article out about a
    registry key that needs deleted in order to get rid of that grayed out
    problem. I have no problem deleting the registry key, but would like
    to see the article.

    We are in a catch 22. For anything where the solution would require a
    connection we can't connect to get it (like updated setup files or
    what-have-you).

    Is anyone familiar with this or a similar situation who has a possible
    answer? Do you know the article I mean and have a link to it?

    David, Sep 14, 2003