    I know how to create a new one,but not too sure if it is possible to erase
    the previous ones.
    Many thanks for your help.

    George&Ade, Jul 18, 2003

  2. George&Ade

    Trev Guest

    "George&Ade" <> wrote in message
    news:DgNRa.27280$...
    > Good morning.
    > Ive just installed some new software on laptop (running Windows XP

    home)and
    > I wish to create a new restore point,but erase the previous ones.
    > I know how to create a new one,but not too sure if it is possible to erase
    > the previous ones.
    > Many thanks for your help.

    only as a job lot. turn off restore re boot, turn on & re boot again

    Trev, Jul 18, 2003

  3. George&Ade

    Patrick Guest

    George&Ade wrote:
    > Good morning.
    > Ive just installed some new software on laptop (running Windows XP
    > home)and I wish to create a new restore point,but erase the previous
    > ones.
    > I know how to create a new one,but not too sure if it is possible to
    > erase the previous ones.
    > Many thanks for your help.

    That is easily done;
    Turn off 'System Restore', reboot, turn 'System Restore' on, create 'System
    Restore' point.

    In case you don't know how to turn off/on 'System Restore'
    Goto 'Control Panel', double-click icon called 'System' select tab called
    'System Restore' and see the check-box thiere.

    Patrick, Jul 18, 2003
  4. George&Ade

    George&Ade Guest

    Excellent....all done....thanks very much for your help

    George&Ade, Jul 18, 2003