    movie file playable and writes it to dvd

    Anyone know the best way to do this?

    TIA

    Mike, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Mike

    Biz Guest

    It either a vcd or svcd that needs to be disassembled..

    Try VCDEasy v1.1.5.2 The last free version, its under the tools menu...

    http://www.doom9.org/software2.htm#svcdtools

    Biz, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Mike

    Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:57:02 +0100, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >I have a video file which is current labelled movie.dat.
    >
    >This plays fine on my pc but not in my dvd player.
    >
    >Im using nero 6 but have not found a wizard which automatically makes the
    >movie file playable and writes it to dvd
    >
    >Anyone know the best way to do this?

    movie.dat is more likely a VCD and officially you can't burn VCD files
    on DVD. (unofficially, if you encode vcd with audio at 48KHz, you can
    make VCD-DVD hybrid)

    To make standard DVD video, you need to make the video files into VOB
    and AFAIK they are MPEG-2 which requires licensed software to create.

    www.videohelp.com should help you with making DVD guides and links to
    program you can download.

    Impmon, Jun 14, 2005