    4.. Select "Create an MS-DOS startup disk," and then click Start.
    5.. Follow any prompts.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    bearman Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:cad3ii$i2$...
    > To create a startup disk for Windows XP
    > 1.. Insert a blank floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
    > 2.. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    > 3.. Right-click the A drive icon, and then click Format.
    > 4.. Select "Create an MS-DOS startup disk," and then click Start.
    > 5.. Follow any prompts.
    >
    > LJ

    I thought he asked how to create a Windows XP Pro startup disk, not an
    MS-DOS startup disk.

    I don't know how to create a Windows XP Pro startup disk.

    Bearman
    bearman, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Bax Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Bax, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    That is how you create a XP start-up disk.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Funny you should mention that site, one of the guy's I talk to on another NG
    created that site.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  6. Lloyd Jones

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    > Funny you should mention that site, one of the guy's I talk to on
    > another NG created that site.

    Really? Who is that? That site has been run by alt.computer's own Plato
    since it's inception.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Jun 12, 2004
  7. Lloyd Jones

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:caddgc$9lj$:

    > That is how you create a XP start-up disk.

    No, that's an MSDOS startup disk. The XP disk being refered to is one that
    boots you into the XP install/repair program.

    DeMoN LaG, Jun 12, 2004
  8. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    It might actually be Plato, I use so many NG's I lose track. Anyway what's
    your problem man/women, Everything I say you've got something negative to
    add. Try going out and getting layed ounce in a while.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  9. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Read my post bitch, you've already proved my point.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  10. Lloyd Jones

    colin Guest

    colin, Jun 12, 2004
  11. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Good and helpful post Colin

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  12. Lloyd Jones

    Jerry G. Guest

    I have not seen a simple diskette that can start XP Pro. If I remember
    correctly, XP is supposed non dos. It immolates DOS. If you are running
    NTFS, this is considered non bootable.

    Maybe there are some software's that will boot an XP Pro machine, but I
    myself have not seen this yet.

    XP can make a standard DOS boot diskette. If you boot on this boot diskette,
    and you are running partitions in the NTFS mode, you will not be able to see
    the NTFS partitions.

    Free Coarse Line, On Administrating Windows NT Systems
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winntas/maintain/ewsa/ewsach01.mspx

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "Bob Rabbone" <> wrote in message
    How can I make a start up disk for windows xp prof does any body know thank
    you
    Jerry G., Jun 12, 2004
  13. Lloyd Jones

    Thor Guest

    "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > I have not seen a simple diskette that can start XP Pro. If I remember
    > correctly, XP is supposed non dos. It immolates DOS. If you are running
    > NTFS, this is considered non bootable.

    It "immolates" DOS? That would be interesting to watch. ;-)
    Thor, Jun 12, 2004
  14. Lloyd Jones

    Bob Rabbone Guest

    Bob Rabbone, Jun 12, 2004