    I think that started after I used partition magic to make another
    partition for win98.

    Any suggestions ?????

    Pavel, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Pavel

    Marko Guest

    any time.

    ***The only time I have seen this effect first hand it
    turned out to be a virus.***

    It may also be your Windows 98 install has changed
    some .dlls used by XP.

    I would run XP setup again using the original disk and re
    install service pack and all the fixes after this. Have
    them available before you start the reinstall. If it is a
    software problem, it will likely be fixed.

    Marko, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    The thing is that XP and 98 on a different partitions. XP doesn't see
    98 and 98 doesn't see XP.

    If I start XP I have to start bootmagic and switch it to XP and if I
    want to start 98 I have to switch it to 98 boot partition.

    Pavel, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Have you checked your machine for Virus/other trojan horse programs?
    You can also set the machine to get the time sync from a trusted time
    source. Check out this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...et/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/net_time.asp

    --
    Thanks,

    Rakesh Chanana [MSFT]

    Use of included script samplesare subject to terms and conditions

    Rakesh Chanana [MSFT], Sep 30, 2003
  5. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    Yes, I checked with norton antivirus online.

    The other thing that could cause the problem, I set up this time sync
    and then I didn't like it and took it of from registry using w32time
    registry entries from microsoft:
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/q223/1/84.asp&NoWebContent=1
    I just changed "NtpServer" to blanc and "Type" to "NoSync".

    Anyway even if time will go faster for synchronization, how come whole
    computer is going faster???? And when time will go ahead for about
    10-15 minutes, it switches back to real time and then goes fast
    again!!!!! This is crazy...

    Pavel, Sep 30, 2003