    After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the ball, did just that,
    and for his actions, he gets evicted from the stadium.

    Crazy rules for sure.

    richard, Sep 4, 2010

  2. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back into
    >the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently Cards fans
    >have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back onto the field.
    >After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the ball, did just that,
    >and for his actions, he gets evicted from the stadium.

    Throwing objects onto the field is not exactly safe. I'm sure
    the players aren't happy with that practice. If the fan waited
    until the game resumed before succumbing to peer pressure, the
    umpires and managers would have reason to be upset. Eviction from
    the stadium should have been expected.

    >Crazy rules for sure.

    Either throw it back right away or not at all.

    Mike "now make up the rest of the facts behind the story" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 4, 2010

  3. richard wrote:
    > During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back into
    > the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently Cards fans
    > have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back onto the field.
    > After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the ball, did just that,
    > and for his actions, he gets evicted from the stadium.
    >
    > Crazy rules for sure.

    I'm sure you remember the 76?77? world series? Playoffs? where the
    Pirates fans were throwing shit at the Reds players. There were minor
    injuries as a result. The next logical step is to prevent that sort of
    action as a way to keep those on the field safe.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Sep 4, 2010
  4. richard

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 23:08:17 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back
    >>into the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently
    >>Cards fans have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back
    >>onto the field. After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the
    >>ball, did just that, and for his actions, he gets evicted from the
    >>stadium.
    >>
    >>Crazy rules for sure.

    > You really do have some serious mental deficiencies, don't you?
    >
    > Yes, most any sports stadium will throw you out for throwing anything
    > onto the field.
    >
    > Dumbshit.

    Evan The Stalker strikes, yet again.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 4, 2010
  5. richard

    APLer Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    > richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>During the St Louis - Cincinnati game a batter hit a foul ball back
    >>into the stands behind home plate. Don't know why, but apparently
    >>Cards fans have gotten into some crazy habit of throwing the ball back
    >>onto the field. After some provocation by fans, the fan who had the
    >>ball, did just that, and for his actions, he gets evicted from the
    >>stadium.

    > Throwing objects onto the field is not exactly safe. I'm sure
    > the players aren't happy with that practice. If the fan waited
    > until the game resumed before succumbing to peer pressure, the
    > umpires and managers would have reason to be upset. Eviction from
    > the stadium should have been expected.
    >
    >>Crazy rules for sure.

    > Either throw it back right away or not at all.
    >
    > Mike "now make up the rest of the facts behind the story" Yetto

    So now seriod laden baseball players are worried about a baseball thrown
    by a normal human being? too bad.

    However as I *don't* follow baseball (for the reason of the first part
    of the above sentence. In fact I think that Ruth's record should be
    reinstated as there is increasingly good evidence that no one not taking
    steroids has broken it), I reserve the possibility that the
    aforementioned incident had nothing to do with merely tossing the
    baseball back.

    APLer, Sep 4, 2010