    and guess what? THERE WAS NO FILES ON THE DISC. Nothing.
    Any idea what this is? How can I copy them? What's going on here???
    Mr. Moe
    Mr. Moe, May 17, 2006

  2. Mr. Moe

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <>,
    Mr_Moe@Disposable_Records.com says...

    >I recently bought a complete set of Gummi Bears cartoons from a guy on
    >eBay. They play great, picture is great. I thought I would make a
    >back-up just in case something happened to the original six discs.
    >The problem is this.....they wont copy because there's nothing to
    >copy. You heard me right. I have tried copying them with DVD
    >Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and Nero 6. Everything comes up as "no disc in
    >drive". I opened up "My Computer" to look at what files were in there,
    >and guess what? THERE WAS NO FILES ON THE DISC. Nothing.
    >Any idea what this is? How can I copy them? What's going on here???

    Perhaps the DVD is protected in a way that has the files appear hidden on
    a PC. Try going into the folder properies for the drive and select view
    hidden files. Then, you may be able to copy the files to your hard drive
    and use Decrypter or Shrink from there.

    whosbest54

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html

    whosbest54, May 17, 2006

  3. On 17 May 2006 19:07:49 +0200, whosbest54 <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Mr_Moe@Disposable_Records.com says...
    >>

    >>I recently bought a complete set of Gummi Bears cartoons from a guy on
    >>eBay. They play great, picture is great. I thought I would make a
    >>back-up just in case something happened to the original six discs.
    >>The problem is this.....they wont copy because there's nothing to
    >>copy. You heard me right. I have tried copying them with DVD
    >>Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and Nero 6. Everything comes up as "no disc in
    >>drive". I opened up "My Computer" to look at what files were in there,
    >>and guess what? THERE WAS NO FILES ON THE DISC. Nothing.
    >>Any idea what this is? How can I copy them? What's going on here???
    >>

    >Perhaps the DVD is protected in a way that has the files appear hidden on
    >a PC. Try going into the folder properies for the drive and select view
    >hidden files. Then, you may be able to copy the files to your hard drive
    >and use Decrypter or Shrink from there.

    I don't think that was his problem. I too, have run across this. I
    had a set of DVD's that would play fine on a standalone, but on my
    computer it said no media present, error reading TOC, etc -- depending
    on how I tried to read it.

    I was new to the DVD field at that time and had to return the DVD's so
    I can't test them further. But, looking back on the problem I suspect
    the TOC was intentionally screwed up to prevent copying. I heard that
    was an early attempt to protect DVD's, but the manufactures had to
    stop doing this because the DVD's didn't comply to the standard DVD
    spec.'s.

    -wxs-
    Par files, the Stemcells of Usenet
    If it has tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it.
    Wei Xian Sheng, May 18, 2006
  4. Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 14:47:29 GMT, Wei Xian Sheng <>
    wrote:

    >On 17 May 2006 19:07:49 +0200, whosbest54 <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >>Mr_Moe@Disposable_Records.com says...
    >>>

    >>>I recently bought a complete set of Gummi Bears cartoons from a guy on
    >>>eBay. They play great, picture is great. I thought I would make a
    >>>back-up just in case something happened to the original six discs.
    >>>The problem is this.....they wont copy because there's nothing to
    >>>copy. You heard me right. I have tried copying them with DVD
    >>>Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and Nero 6. Everything comes up as "no disc in
    >>>drive". I opened up "My Computer" to look at what files were in there,
    >>>and guess what? THERE WAS NO FILES ON THE DISC. Nothing.
    >>>Any idea what this is? How can I copy them? What's going on here???
    >>>

    >>Perhaps the DVD is protected in a way that has the files appear hidden on
    >>a PC. Try going into the folder properies for the drive and select view
    >>hidden files. Then, you may be able to copy the files to your hard drive
    >>and use Decrypter or Shrink from there.

    >I don't think that was his problem. I too, have run across this. I
    >had a set of DVD's that would play fine on a standalone, but on my
    >computer it said no media present, error reading TOC, etc -- depending
    >on how I tried to read it.
    >
    >I was new to the DVD field at that time and had to return the DVD's so
    >I can't test them further. But, looking back on the problem I suspect
    >the TOC was intentionally screwed up to prevent copying. I heard that
    >was an early attempt to protect DVD's, but the manufactures had to
    >stop doing this because the DVD's didn't comply to the standard DVD
    >spec.'s.
    >
    >-wxs-
    >Par files, the Stemcells of Usenet
    >If it has tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it.

    Thanks much friends. Yeah, that was my suspicion too.....copy
    protection.
    I'm gonna try one more thing....run a line from a dvd player, into my
    stand-alone recorder. I think I may be able to copy them that way. I
    will keep you posted.
    Mr. Moe
    Mr. Moe, May 24, 2006
  5. Mr. Moe

    whosbest54 Guest

    Mr. Moe wrote:

    > Thanks much friends. Yeah, that was my suspicion too.....copy
    > protection.
    > I'm gonna try one more thing....run a line from a dvd player, into my
    > stand-alone recorder. I think I may be able to copy them that way. I
    > will keep you posted.
    > Mr. Moe

    You'll probably need a way to defeat macrovision protection.

    whosbest54, May 24, 2006
  6. Mr. Moe

    Jordan Guest

    Mr. Moe wrote:

    > Any idea what this is? How can I copy them? What's going on here???

    Out of curiosity I'd put the disc in a Mac and see if it can read it.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, May 25, 2006