    Thoughts? Lens suggestions?
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird
    Brian Baird, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Brian Baird

    Pete D Guest

    8mm Pelang

    Pete D, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Brian Baird

    Charlie Self Guest

    Pete D wrote:
    > 8mm Pelang
    >
    > "Brian Baird" <> wrote in message
    > > ...I'm one of the few people who actually kind of digs the fisheye
    > > effect.
    > >
    > > I'm thinking of getting an old manual full fisheye lens and getting an
    > > adapter for my 10D. Sigma makes a new 8mm full fisheye, but I'd like a
    > > faster lens and I'd prefer to spend less money. Also, with that DOF I
    > > don't really think autofocus will be that necessary.
    > >
    > > Because of the crop factor on the 10D, I wouldn't be losing much in
    > > terms of usable image area or FOV.
    > >
    > > Thoughts? Lens suggestions?
    > > --
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

    The 8mm Peleng, or the 16mm Zenitar. The Zenitar runs just over half
    what the Peleng runs and shows less fisheye distortion. Zenitars can be
    bought for about $135, Pelengs about $250 (delivered).
    Charlie Self, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Brian Baird

    Brian Baird Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > The 8mm Peleng, or the 16mm Zenitar. The Zenitar runs just over half
    > what the Peleng runs and shows less fisheye distortion. Zenitars can be
    > bought for about $135, Pelengs about $250 (delivered).

    I'm a bit iffy on the Peleng because the rear element can impede the
    mirror when at infinity focus on some cameras. I don't know if this is
    an issue on the 10D, but I don't want to risk it until I know.

    The 16mm Zenitar is appealing. I'd like a circular fisheye, but I'm
    sure semi fisheye will still get me some strange and interesting
    results.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird
    Brian Baird, Aug 11, 2005