    group to post this in I'd appreciate it, I'm used to giving techsupport,
    not seeking it, so I'm not sure where to find it on usenet.
    TIA.

    TheP|nkPanthe|2, Nov 29, 2004

  2. TheP|nkPanthe|2

    bigjon Guest

    bigjon, Nov 29, 2004

  3. TheP|nkPanthe|2

    Mike Easter Guest

    TheP|nkPanthe|2 wrote:
    > Hi, I'm currently working on a Dell Dimension 8200 which is giving off
    > strange beep code sequences, as fallows: 5-1-2-3.

    This page
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim8200/codes.htm sez the
    8200 also has diagnostic code lights

    <snippages>
    Your computer is equipped with four diagnostic lights, which are labeled
    "A," "B," "C," and "D" on the back of the computer. Each of the four
    lights can be yellow, green, or off as shown in the following table.

    If the monitor cannot display errors or problems, during POST the
    computer might emit a series of beeps, or beep code, that identifies the
    problem. The POST beep codes are listed below.
    </snippages>

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 29, 2004