    computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
    process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be appeciated
    thanks in advance
    Looney Tunes, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Looney Tunes

    Fakename Guest

    Try switching out the RAM. If you've got more than 1 stick, attempt to
    isolate the broken one.

    Fakename, Jul 22, 2005

  3. "Fakename" <> wrote in message
    > Try switching out the RAM. If you've got more than 1 stick, attempt to
    > isolate the broken one.
    >
    > Looney Tunes wrote:
    > > i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram

    the
    > > computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
    > > process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be

    appeciated
    > > thanks in advance

    If it was dodgy ram an error message would appear before and after a crash.
    If this is not happening then it may be the program you are running.
    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 22, 2005
  4. Looney Tunes

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:37:27 +0000, Looney Tunes wrote:

    > i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram the
    > computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
    > process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be appeciated
    > thanks in advance

    What kind of a PC and operating system are you using?
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Looney Tunes

    Fakename Guest

    Not neccessarily. I've seen, first hand, problems with RAM that didn't
    produce any error messages of any kind.

    Fakename, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Looney Tunes

    JANA Guest

    I have had a defective RAM cause the effect that your computer has. I have
    also seen a defective mother board also cause this.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jul 23, 2005