    Is there anyone who might advise me?

    Yours

    Graham J Freer

    Graham J Freer, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Graham J Freer

    °Mike° Guest

    You need to supply details of your machine, operating system,
    and verbatim error messages. Failing that, ask your friend to
    come over and sort out the mess.

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 11:52:30 +0100, in
    <Cn4Za.425$>
    Graham J Freer scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Graham J Freer

    Tim Guest

    Did u or yr friend check the HCL with yr H/W?

    Tim, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Graham J Freer

    paul s Guest

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:52:30 +0100, Graham J Freer wrote:

    > I recently had a computer assembled, for me, by a friend. Almost from Day 1,
    > it has crashed - frequently 2 or 3 times a day.
    >
    > At first, I was told that it might be because I had installed ACT! 6. So, I
    > uninstalled that program.
    >
    > A number of individual drives are cited in successive crashes - ntfs.sys -
    > savrt.sys - npdriver.sys and, today's addition to the ever-growing list -
    > tcpip.sys.
    >
    > The crash analysis suggests that I "disable the drivers". Am very nervous of
    > doing this, not least because I am in no way expert and fear that I might
    > cause other, more terminal effects. It also occurs to me that repeated
    > crashes could, in some way, affect my system and render a not inconsiderable
    > investment useless and wasted.
    >
    > Is there anyone who might advise me?

    Yup get your 'friend' to sort it. He/she built you the thing, he/she
    should know what's going wrong.

    --
    Paul S
    - If the enemy's in range...so are you! -

    paul s, Aug 9, 2003
  5. You have hardware conflict issues. Get a new friend.

    BananaPannaPoe, Aug 9, 2003
  6. Graham J Freer

    Me Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 11:52:30 +0100, "Graham J Freer"
    <> wrote:

    >I recently had a computer assembled, for me, by a friend. Almost from Day 1,
    >it has crashed - frequently 2 or 3 times a day.
    >
    >At first, I was told that it might be because I had installed ACT! 6. So, I
    >uninstalled that program.
    >
    >A number of individual drives are cited in successive crashes - ntfs.sys -
    >savrt.sys - npdriver.sys and, today's addition to the ever-growing list -
    >tcpip.sys.
    >
    >The crash analysis suggests that I "disable the drivers". Am very nervous of
    >doing this, not least because I am in no way expert and fear that I might
    >cause other, more terminal effects. It also occurs to me that repeated
    >crashes could, in some way, affect my system and render a not inconsiderable
    >investment useless and wasted.
    >
    >Is there anyone who might advise me?

    Try using the system restore feature in XP and see if it can solve
    things.

    --

    The mail id is valid, you need not make any modifications.

    Me, Aug 10, 2003
  7. "Tim" <> wrote:

    >Did u or yr friend check the HCL with yr H/W?

    Wt t hl r u tkg n cd 4? Ths nt SMS.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003