crashes in win xp

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by heavenbound, May 20, 2004.

  1. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows xp is
    hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
    the app name
    failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
    first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
    worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it, and
    yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues 3 - 5
    times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in the
    last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the last
    2 months. i don't know what to do.

    MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
    P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
    corsair 3200 i think ram
    ati radeon 9700 pro
    Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
    logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
    sony dvd rw 510 model.
    kenwood truex cdrom
    floppy
    WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
    120gb ata133 for back up.

    I'm completely lost what to do.

    i have no spyware nor viruses.

    i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a problem.
    I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
    regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days ago
    was fine and so on.
    heavenbound, May 20, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "heavenbound" <> wrote in news:20040519210009.279
    $:

    > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz

    Don't overclock the machine

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 20, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    Michael-NC Guest

    For Christ's sake, that is a _very_ agressive overclock, you're corrupting
    your memory timings and causing yourself the grief. Blame yourself, if you
    have trouble with apps like you have on a OC'ed machine, that's the first
    thing I would expect. And _never_ OC a machine while _installing_ windows.

    Michael-NC, May 20, 2004
  4. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > For Christ's sake, that is a _very_ agressive overclock, you're corrupting
    > your memory timings and causing yourself the grief. Blame yourself, if you
    > have trouble with apps like you have on a OC'ed machine, that's the first
    > thing I would expect. And _never_ OC a machine while _installing_ windows.
    >
    > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

    xp
    > is
    > > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
    > > the app name
    > > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
    > > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
    > > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

    and
    > > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

    3 -
    > 5
    > > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

    the
    > > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

    > last
    > > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
    > >
    > > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
    > > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
    > > corsair 3200 i think ram
    > > ati radeon 9700 pro
    > > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
    > > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
    > > sony dvd rw 510 model.
    > > kenwood truex cdrom
    > > floppy
    > > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
    > > 120gb ata133 for back up.
    > >
    > > I'm completely lost what to do.
    > >
    > > i have no spyware nor viruses.
    > >
    > > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

    problem.
    > > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
    > > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

    ago
    > > was fine and so on.

    the overclock is not really that bad cus you can even go faster. i just
    haven't bothered. it could be the overclocking so i will lower it to 2.9 or
    2.8ghz and see what happens. and go back lower even yet untill i determine
    if the crashes stop.

    does anyone know what that error means? i tried searching on google, but
    couldn't find anything.
    heavenbound, May 20, 2004
  5. heavenbound

    Thor Guest

    > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows xp

    is
    > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
    > the app name
    > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
    > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
    > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it, and
    > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues 3 -

    5
    > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in the
    > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

    last
    > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
    >
    > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
    > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
    > corsair 3200 i think ram
    > ati radeon 9700 pro
    > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
    > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
    > sony dvd rw 510 model.
    > kenwood truex cdrom
    > floppy
    > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
    > 120gb ata133 for back up.
    >
    > I'm completely lost what to do.
    >
    > i have no spyware nor viruses.
    >
    > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a problem.
    > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
    > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days ago
    > was fine and so on.

    The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs, and
    stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next, check
    the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
    running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad sectors.
    Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some other
    modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in the
    system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your hardware.
    Thor, May 20, 2004
  6. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

    xp
    > is
    > > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
    > > the app name
    > > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
    > > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
    > > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

    and
    > > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

    3 -
    > 5
    > > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

    the
    > > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

    > last
    > > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
    > >
    > > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
    > > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
    > > corsair 3200 i think ram
    > > ati radeon 9700 pro
    > > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
    > > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
    > > sony dvd rw 510 model.
    > > kenwood truex cdrom
    > > floppy
    > > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
    > > 120gb ata133 for back up.
    > >
    > > I'm completely lost what to do.
    > >
    > > i have no spyware nor viruses.
    > >
    > > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

    problem.
    > > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
    > > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

    ago
    > > was fine and so on.

    > The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs, and
    > stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next, check
    > the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
    > running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad

    sectors.
    > Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some other
    > modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in the
    > system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your hardware.

    PSU is plenty good i know that. i know all cards cables and hardware inside
    is fine cus i was just in there. the only thing i can do is lower the clock
    and try and also run memtest.

    how do you do a full hard drive check for bad sectors?
    heavenbound, May 20, 2004
  7. heavenbound

    mark mandell Guest

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > > > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

    > xp
    > > is
    > > > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
    > > > the app name
    > > > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
    > > > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and

    it
    > > > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

    > and
    > > > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

    > 3 -
    > > 5
    > > > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

    > the
    > > > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

    > > last
    > > > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
    > > >
    > > > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
    > > > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
    > > > corsair 3200 i think ram
    > > > ati radeon 9700 pro
    > > > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
    > > > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
    > > > sony dvd rw 510 model.
    > > > kenwood truex cdrom
    > > > floppy
    > > > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
    > > > 120gb ata133 for back up.
    > > >
    > > > I'm completely lost what to do.
    > > >
    > > > i have no spyware nor viruses.
    > > >
    > > > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

    > problem.
    > > > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
    > > > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

    > ago
    > > > was fine and so on.

    > > The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs, and
    > > stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next,

    check
    > > the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
    > > running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad

    > sectors.
    > > Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some

    other
    > > modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in

    the
    > > system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your hardware.
    > >

    > PSU is plenty good i know that. i know all cards cables and hardware

    inside
    > is fine cus i was just in there. the only thing i can do is lower the

    clock
    > and try and also run memtest.
    >
    > how do you do a full hard drive check for bad sectors?

    Go from Start-My Computer-Right click "local disk"-select Properties-Click
    the "tools" tab"-In "error checking" click "check now"-pick the second
    option "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandell, May 20, 2004
  8. heavenbound

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "heavenbound" <> wrote in news:20040519215151.296
    $:

    > does anyone know what that error means? i tried searching on google, but
    > couldn't find anything.

    It means usually bad RAM or a bad CPU. In this case, I don't understand
    why you don't immediately clock your CPU back to 2.4ghz and try again,
    instead of working down to it.

    DeMoN LaG, May 20, 2004
  9. heavenbound

    dudalb Guest

    Over Clocking a machine is begging for trouble....espicially if you are
    installing a OS. Re Clock you chip down to 2.4 and try again.
    dudalb, May 20, 2004
  10. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "mark mandell" <> wrote in message

    > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message

    windows
    > > xp
    > > > is

    and
    > it

    it,
    > > and

    sisues
    > > 3 -
    > > > 5

    in
    > > the

    the
    > > > last

    > > problem.

    days
    > > ago
    > > >
    > > > The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs,

    and
    > > > stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next,

    > check
    > > > the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
    > > > running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad

    > > sectors.
    > > > Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some

    > other
    > > > modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in

    > the
    > > > system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your

    hardware.

    > > PSU is plenty good i know that. i know all cards cables and hardware

    > inside
    > > is fine cus i was just in there. the only thing i can do is lower the

    > clock
    > > and try and also run memtest.
    > >
    > > how do you do a full hard drive check for bad sectors?

    > Go from Start-My Computer-Right click "local disk"-select Properties-Click
    > the "tools" tab"-In "error checking" click "check now"-pick the second
    > option "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    >
    > Mark Mandell

    tell me this. why would the resolution refresh rate change by itself? i was
    using the pc, left and the screen saver came on, when i get back to the pc
    the res is now 1024x768 60 hz and no one touched the pc. why and how could
    this happen?
    heavenbound, May 20, 2004
  11. heavenbound

    dudalb Guest

    If you do not know how to run a full hard drive scan you should not even
    think about overclocking your CPU.
    The bitter fact is that if you want a faster CPU, buy a faster one.
    Overclocking is begging for trouble...no matter what some 16 year old on a
    gaming bulletin board says.
    dudalb, May 20, 2004
  12. heavenbound

    derek / nul Guest

    >> > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)

    This is an access denied message.

    Check Microsoft rather than google for this one.

    derek / nul, May 20, 2004
  13. heavenbound

    Stuart Guest

    derek / nul wrote:

    > This is an access denied message.
    >
    > Check Microsoft rather than google for this one.

    It should tell you in the manual it has all of them in the Win2k manual
    anyway.

    Stuart
    Stuart, May 20, 2004
  14. heavenbound

    Stuart Guest

    heavenbound wrote:

    > tell me this. why would the resolution refresh rate change by itself? i was
    > using the pc, left and the screen saver came on, when i get back to the pc
    > the res is now 1024x768 60 hz and no one touched the pc. why and how could
    > this happen?

    When your system is overclocked it affects all of your hardware, the
    change in settings could be a product of the overclocking in combination
    with the screensaver.

    Stuart
    Stuart, May 20, 2004
  15. heavenbound

    Michael-NC Guest

    > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > > For Christ's sake, that is a _very_ agressive overclock, you're

    corrupting
    > > your memory timings and causing yourself the grief. Blame yourself, if

    you
    > > have trouble with apps like you have on a OC'ed machine, that's the

    first
    > > thing I would expect. And _never_ OC a machine while _installing_

    windows.

    > > "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    > > > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

    > xp
    > > is
    > > > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
    > > > the app name
    > > > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
    > > > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and

    it
    > > > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

    > and
    > > > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

    > 3 -
    > > 5
    > > > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

    > the
    > > > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

    > > last
    > > > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
    > > >
    > > > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
    > > > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
    > > > corsair 3200 i think ram
    > > > ati radeon 9700 pro
    > > > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
    > > > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
    > > > sony dvd rw 510 model.
    > > > kenwood truex cdrom
    > > > floppy
    > > > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
    > > > 120gb ata133 for back up.
    > > >
    > > > I'm completely lost what to do.
    > > >
    > > > i have no spyware nor viruses.
    > > >
    > > > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

    > problem.
    > > > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
    > > > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

    > ago
    > > > was fine and so on.
    > > >

    > the overclock is not really that bad cus you can even go faster. i just
    > haven't bothered.

    That's incorrect. You _already_ have errors so you _can't_ go higher. Just
    because someone else has clocked a chip to a particular speed successfully,
    doesn't guarantee all of the same chips will be able to achieve that
    particular clock speed. Some CPU's will not over clock to a publicly
    reported successful over clock at all, they may fail to boot entirely and
    others, like your machine, will produce strange errors, the nature of which
    can not be explained or duplicated or found on Google simply because they
    are a byproduct of an erratic system and not widely duplicated.

    In short, you should learn more about how to overclock, what the risks are
    and how to verify that your over clocked system is running stable. The
    problems you have now is part of over clocking but mostly it's because you
    didn't take the time to learn more about it.

    >it could be the overclocking so i will lower it to 2.9 or
    > 2.8ghz and see what happens. and go back lower even yet untill i determine
    > if the crashes stop.

    Again, your system is already corrupted. Clock it stock speed and reinstall
    XP. Then do it right the next time.

    Michael-NC, May 20, 2004