Crashed again

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Johnny B'Good, May 28, 2004.

  1. May wrote:
    > Hi, Mike,
    >
    > Thank you for the help yesterday. Unfortunately, my computer crashed again
    > today. Same blue screen! My OS is Windows 2000. The detailed message is
    >
    > Stop..............................
    > Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > Address BB9517AC base at BB94C000 Datestamp 3ecd5361 - mrxsmb.sys
    > Beginning dump of physical memory
    >
    > Yesterday, I already did the part you recommended (in fact, I had Windows
    > 2000 sp4 installed long time ago but I did a lot of critical update from the
    > Microsoft just in case) but it looks like not the real cause. Could you
    > think of any other possibilities of the cause?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > May

    Perhaps this page may shed some light...

    http://tinyurl.com/yvpfa

    May, May 28, 2004

  3. Johnny B'Good

    Brian Guest

    "May" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi, Mike,
    >
    > Thank you for the help yesterday. Unfortunately, my computer crashed again
    > today. Same blue screen! My OS is Windows 2000. The detailed message is
    >
    > Stop..............................
    > Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > Address BB9517AC base at BB94C000 Datestamp 3ecd5361 - mrxsmb.sys
    > Beginning dump of physical memory
    >
    > Yesterday, I already did the part you recommended (in fact, I had Windows
    > 2000 sp4 installed long time ago but I did a lot of critical update from

    the
    > Microsoft just in case) but it looks like not the real cause. Could you
    > think of any other possibilities of the cause?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > May

    The error message means that a driver has to tried to access memory at a
    privilege level higher than it is allowed to.
    i would take out all cards and devices and try to boot, if this works you
    can start putting cards and devices back in(one by one) and maybe find the
    trouble maker that way
    Brian, May 28, 2004
  4. Johnny B'Good

    Brian Guest

    "May" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi, Mike,
    >
    > Thank you for the help yesterday. Unfortunately, my computer crashed again
    > today. Same blue screen! My OS is Windows 2000. The detailed message is
    >
    > Stop..............................
    > Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > Address BB9517AC base at BB94C000 Datestamp 3ecd5361 - mrxsmb.sys
    > Beginning dump of physical memory
    >
    > Yesterday, I already did the part you recommended (in fact, I had Windows
    > 2000 sp4 installed long time ago but I did a lot of critical update from

    the
    > Microsoft just in case) but it looks like not the real cause. Could you
    > think of any other possibilities of the cause?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > May

    oh.. and deaktivate all on bord devices sound card etc..
    its worth a try i suppose
    Brian, May 28, 2004
  5. Johnny B'Good

    May Guest

    Thank you all, guys.

    May, May 28, 2004
  6. Johnny B'Good

    Brian Guest

    Re: Thank you all, guys.

    "May" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "May" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > Hi, Mike,
    > > >
    > > > Thank you for the help yesterday. Unfortunately, my computer crashed

    > again
    > > > today. Same blue screen! My OS is Windows 2000. The detailed message

    is

    > > > Stop..............................
    > > > Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > > > Address BB9517AC base at BB94C000 Datestamp 3ecd5361 - mrxsmb.sys
    > > > Beginning dump of physical memory
    > > >
    > > > Yesterday, I already did the part you recommended (in fact, I had

    > Windows
    > > > 2000 sp4 installed long time ago but I did a lot of critical update

    from
    > > the
    > > > Microsoft just in case) but it looks like not the real cause. Could

    you
    > > > think of any other possibilities of the cause?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > May
    > > >

    > > oh.. and deaktivate all on bord devices sound card etc..
    > > its worth a try i suppose

    No probs May
    Brian, May 28, 2004