Crash/Reboot with WorkLoad

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. This seems to be the correct forum to ask:

    While windows in under heavy load machine will reboot or crash to desktop
    with no event ID. To be more discriptive here is an example that can be
    replicated:

    Windows Movie Maker (import a 750meg avi)
    Windows Media Player (Play a song) OR load just about any app that uses a
    constant stream of util%

    Before you suggest hardware problem: Benchmarks PCMARK2005 @6800 /
    3DMARK2005 @7200 / PassMark @1100

    Intel SpeedStep = Off
    Bios C1 = Off

    Running at 200X16

    Setting Affinity to processor 2,3,4 still result in random crashes, along
    with isolating apps to its own processor.

    I have ideas on the cause of the problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...eral&mid=6e70564b-8503-44b4-9459-9ad688252a90

    Furthermore, Just learned while testing to make sure that i could replicate
    this problem: Fan speed are set to processor #1 (if i set affinity to Proc34
    and full load fans dont accelerate to compensate for temp rise)

    Microsoft released a fix for AutoCad multi-core systems however i cannot
    find the link.

    Thanks in Advance and any suggestions would be helpful.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Which version of Windows is this, XP x86 or XP x64?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 30, 2005