Cracked Schindler's List collector's case

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ray, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Ray

    Ray Guest

    Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact?? I've
    ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked cases.
    The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a refund.

    I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would pack it
    more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that one arrived
    cracked also.

    I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
    sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives

    I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the online
    vendors.

    Frustrating!!!

    --
    Ray

    Remove NO and SPAM to reply

    Ray, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Ray

    Paul C. Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in

    > Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact??
    > I've ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked
    > cases. The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a
    > refund.
    >
    > I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would
    > pack it more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that
    > one arrived cracked also.
    >
    > I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
    > sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
    >
    > I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the
    > online vendors.
    >
    > Frustrating!!!

    So it's worth your time & effort to keep returning copies to save $10 ?
    Strange.......

    Paul C., Aug 20, 2004

  3. Ray

    M.B. Guest

    Paul C. wrote:
    > "Ray" <> wrote in
    >

    >>Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact??
    >>I've ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked
    >>cases. The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a
    >>refund.
    >>
    >>I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would
    >>pack it more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that
    >>one arrived cracked also.
    >>
    >>I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
    >>sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
    >>
    >>I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the
    >>online vendors.
    >>
    >>Frustrating!!!

    > So it's worth your time & effort to keep returning copies to save $10 ?
    > Strange.......

    Ahhh....the thing we do (I'm including myself in this) to save a couple
    of bucks... :)

    M.B., Aug 20, 2004
  4. Ray

    JWB Guest

    "M.B." <> wrote in message
    > Paul C. wrote:
    > > "Ray" <> wrote in
    > >

    > >>Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact??
    > >>I've ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked
    > >>cases. The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a
    > >>refund.
    > >>
    > >>I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would
    > >>pack it more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that
    > >>one arrived cracked also.
    > >>
    > >>I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
    > >>sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
    > >>
    > >>I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the
    > >>online vendors.
    > >>
    > >>Frustrating!!!

    > > So it's worth your time & effort to keep returning copies to save $10 ?
    > > Strange.......

    > Ahhh....the thing we do (I'm including myself in this) to save a couple
    > of bucks... :)

    conversely, I don't do any of them (not saying one is better than the other,
    it's just interesting how we all view this different). I buy my DVD's from
    my local best buy, and whatever they don't have in stock I get from Amazon.
    I've never compared prices on DVD's.

    JWB, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Ray

    Guest

    The cases are defective... my friends was cracked by the time he got
    it home from the store (not sure if he banged it or not).

    I had heard reports of the cases cracking so I absolutely kept mine
    safe and bump free.

    I didn't let anything get within a 3 foot vicinity of it as I gently
    carried it home and cautiously placed it on my shelf.

    The next morning it had a crack in it and no one had touched it...

    Basically you have to put up with the crack.. It's just bad packaging
    design although it looks really nice (without the crack)

    I think they may be trying to sell off the stock because they know
    they messed up.. I bought it for $34.99 CAD yet when it came out it
    was $80.00 CAD

    , Aug 20, 2004
  6. Ray

    cam Guest

    Mine arrived from amazon with the case absolutely cracked to the
    shizenhausen. I promptly contacted amazon via their crappy forms and sent
    the whole thing back.

    A week later they sent a cd jewel case as a replacement....

    I dont shop there no more after that crap

    HR

    cam, Aug 21, 2004
  7. "Ray" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact?? I've
    > ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked cases.
    > The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a refund.
    >
    > I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would pack it
    > more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that one arrived
    > cracked also.
    >
    > I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
    > sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
    >
    > I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the online
    > vendors.
    >
    > Frustrating!!!
    >

    > --
    > Ray
    >
    > Remove NO and SPAM to reply

    This same set sold at Futureshop in Canada for $35.99 CAD. They had this
    special for a few weeks and who knows, might have it again.

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Aug 21, 2004