    but it is slow and very manual - I just want to convert a bunch of photos
    from various folders quickly.

    GT
    GT, Jul 14, 2005

  2. GT

    Eric Gill Guest

    "GT" <> wrote in
    news:42d65536$0$8737$:

    > Is there any software that will convert a batch of CR2 files to JPG (I
    > am happy with the the camera settings used when the shots were taken).

    Lots. Breezebrowser is one of the cheapest. C1 probably the most expensive.
    Photoshop + Adobe Bridge is my favorite. Google for "RAW Converter" and
    you'll find more than you'll likely ever want.
    Eric Gill, Jul 14, 2005

  3. GT

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:06:32 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "GT"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there any software that will convert a batch of CR2 files to JPG (I am
    >happy with the the camera settings used when the shots were taken).
    >
    >The Canon ZoomBrowserEX software allows you to edit and then save images,
    >but it is slow and very manual - I just want to convert a bunch of photos
    >from various folders quickly.

    See Pixmantec's RawShooter Essential. It's free.
    http://www.pixmantec.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Jul 14, 2005
  4. GT

    Matt Ion Guest

    GT wrote:

    > Is there any software that will convert a batch of CR2 files to JPG (I am
    > happy with the the camera settings used when the shots were taken).
    >
    > The Canon ZoomBrowserEX software allows you to edit and then save images,
    > but it is slow and very manual - I just want to convert a bunch of photos
    > from various folders quickly.

    www.infanview.com - small, fast, and free. Be sure to download and
    install the plugins as well for .CR2 support. Default setting loads
    only the preview JPG that's embedded in the RAW file, but there's an
    option in the settings to load the full RAW file instead.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0529-1, 07/20/2005
    Tested on: 7/20/2005 10:14:49 AM
    Matt Ion, Jul 20, 2005
  5. GT

    Guest

    That's www.irfanview.com.

    >- small, fast, and free. Be sure to download and
    >install the plugins as well for .CR2 support. Default setting loads
    >only the preview JPG that's embedded in the RAW file, but there's an
    >option in the settings to load the full RAW file instead.

    Why would you want it to load the RAW file? It doesn't allow you to
    control any parameters, and is a waste of time, IMO. I only load the
    JPEG, and open the .cr2 in a real RAW converter if I want to play with
    it.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Jul 20, 2005
  6. GT

    Matt Ion Guest

    wrote:

    > In message <eEvDe.3798$5V4.946@pd7tw3no>,
    > Matt Ion <> wrote:
    >

    >>www.infanview.com

    > That's www.irfanview.com.

    Thanks... fumble-fingers here.

    >>- small, fast, and free. Be sure to download and
    >>install the plugins as well for .CR2 support. Default setting loads
    >>only the preview JPG that's embedded in the RAW file, but there's an
    >>option in the settings to load the full RAW file instead.

    > Why would you want it to load the RAW file? It doesn't allow you to
    > control any parameters, and is a waste of time, IMO. I only load the
    > JPEG, and open the .cr2 in a real RAW converter if I want to play with
    > it.

    Depends on what you want to do with it and how your camera is set up, I
    guess... if it's storing a small, low-res JPG with the RAW, you'd
    probably want to load the original RAW file... best thing in this case
    would probably be to set it to embed a large, hi-res JPG with the .CR2;
    IrfanView's default setting will just load that and it can then be
    re-saved separately (manually or via batch process).

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0529-1, 07/20/2005
    Tested on: 7/20/2005 5:02:03 PM
    Matt Ion, Jul 21, 2005