    Which is the better CPU - Athlon 1200 or Duron 1300?

    Basic home/internet use, plus online Medal Of Honor.

    TIA.

    FredG, Jun 26, 2003

  2. FredG

    Geoff Guest

    FredG wrote:
    > Which is the better CPU - Athlon 1200 or Duron 1300?
    >
    > Basic home/internet use, plus online Medal Of Honor.
    >
    > TIA.

    if the athlon 1200 is a 266mhz version, i'd use that
    if it's a 200 version, i'd use the duron maybe, althought this is borderline
    when you compare them

    Geoff, Jun 27, 2003

  3. FredG

    FredG Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message news:<bdfuh5$sh5cg$>...
    > if the athlon 1200 is a 266mhz version, i'd use that
    > if it's a 200 version, i'd use the duron maybe, althought this is borderline
    > when you compare them

    Thanks for the reply.

    I've no idea whether it's 200 or 266. I've since been told that the
    Athlon has a larger cache than the Duron so I think I'll try it and
    see.

    FredG, Jun 27, 2003
  4. FredG

    John D. Guest

    Durons (and Celerons) are old technology...forget them.

    Get either an Intel P4 or and AMD XP.

    John D.

    John D., Jun 28, 2003