    of these running is never more than 0.5 G RAM.

    I did virus scan by avast! and do not have any virus.

    Please help and suggest.

    Newcomer, Nov 14, 2009

  2. Re: CPU Usage frequently 100% even though it seems not even close to total memory

    On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:21:18 -0800 (PST), Newcomer <>
    wrote:

    >I have an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop on Windows Vista. I installed a 3G
    >RAM. It has a 1.73 GHz Intel CPU.
    >
    >Often the computer gets very slow and windows task manager will show
    >CPU usage 100%. I counted the Memory (Private Working Set), the total
    >of these running is never more than 0.5 G RAM.
    >
    >I did virus scan by avast! and do not have any virus.
    >
    >Please help and suggest.

    Which Image Name does Task Manager show to be using the CPU.

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Nov 14, 2009

  3. Newcomer

    chuckcar Guest

    Re: CPU Usage frequently 100% even though it seems not even close to total memory

    Newcomer <> wrote in

    > I have an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop on Windows Vista. I installed a 3G
    > RAM. It has a 1.73 GHz Intel CPU.
    >
    > Often the computer gets very slow and windows task manager will show
    > CPU usage 100%. I counted the Memory (Private Working Set), the total
    > of these running is never more than 0.5 G RAM.
    >
    > I did virus scan by avast! and do not have any virus.
    >
    > Please help and suggest.

    Try booting into safe mode and see if you still get the same slowdowns.
    You can get safe mode by hitting the F8 key on a reboot. If it does, then
    the logical conclusion would be programs running in startup. You can
    disable all of these without affecting windows itself by running
    "msconfig" and disabling the startup there.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 15, 2009
  4. Newcomer

    G. Morgan Guest

    Re: CPU Usage frequently 100% even though it seems not even close to total memory

    On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:21:18 -0800 (PST), Newcomer <> wrote:

    >Often the computer gets very slow and windows task manager will show
    >CPU usage 100%. I counted the Memory (Private Working Set), the total
    >of these running is never more than 0.5 G RAM.

    Click on the "CPU" tab in "Processes" to sort by which one is using the most.

    Write back with your findings.

    G. Morgan, Nov 15, 2009