    a long time ago. Have I installed it incorrectly, is my HW device
    wrong or what else could be the problem. I have had no overheat
    problems or warnings.
    moses, Apr 16, 2004

  2. moses wrote:

    > Win XP Pro
    > AMD 2600
    > I have a built-in hardware device that, among other things,
    > displays the CPU temperature on a display screen and it
    > always runs around 35 to 40 degree Celsius.
    > The other day I dl'd Motherboard Monitor to check it's
    > readings against the hardware device. While the HW device
    > does not vary but few degrees, the readings from the software
    > monitor really jump around - anywhere from say 35 degree C to
    > 75 C. and does it from one reading to another in the space
    > of a few seconds. MBM has been around a long time and I
    > would suggest if it had bugs they would have been worked out
    > a long time ago. Have I installed it incorrectly, is my HW device
    > wrong or what else could be the problem. I have had no overheat
    > problems or warnings.

    Such spikes are normal; don't let it bother you. Your concern is with the
    average temperature of the processor; if you get readings that are
    consistently high, then you have a problem. Perhaps MBM has a configuration
    option to change the monitoring interval, or to give you an average rather
    than instantaneous figure?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 16, 2004