  1. therebel

    therebel Guest

    my computer keeps locking up. how can I tell if my cpu is overheating
    therebel, May 29, 2005

  2. therebel

    me Guest

    "therebel" <> wrote in message
    news:8Brme.321$...
    > my computer keeps locking up. how can I tell if my cpu is overheating

    Go into the BIOS and check the temp readings
    me, May 30, 2005

  3. therebel

    therebel Guest

    temps as follows system temp 36C fan speed 2360 rpm
    CPU temp 50C fan speed 4821 rpm

    therebel, May 30, 2005
  4. therebel

    birdman Guest

    Try taking the side panel off the box and letting a small fan blow toward
    the processor. This should cool your cpu and memory.
    This will may not cure your problem.
    It is very difficult to track down causes of random shutdowns. Many are due
    to memory problems or video drivers.
    If the shutdowns occur while playing hi end 3d games try turning the
    resolution, 3-d options etc down a few notches in the game.
    birdman, May 30, 2005