    Anyone kow a website that has the tru CPU speeds of AMD processors?
    Cheers
    Al.
    Alan, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Alan

    why? Guest

    why?, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Alan

    Steve P Guest

    Steve P, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark, Jan 19, 2005
  5. On 19 Jan 2005, Blinky the Shark scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Alan wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone kow a website that has the tru CPU speeds of AMD processors?

    > AMD would be a good bet.

    Who woulda thunk it...
    :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-
    The Old Sourdough, Jan 19, 2005
  6. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > On 19 Jan 2005, Blinky the Shark scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> Alan wrote:

    >>> Anyone kow a website that has the tru CPU speeds of AMD processors?

    >> AMD would be a good bet.

    > Who woulda thunk it...
    >:)

    Jeez, not me. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Upgrading From IE http://blinkynet.net/comp/upgrade.html
    Mozilla Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 20, 2005
  7. Alan

    gooch Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:47:36 GMT, "Alan" <> wrote:

    >Anyone kow a website that has the tru CPU speeds of AMD processors?
    >Cheers
    >Al.

    my sempron 2600 is lsted in my system as 1.8 gHz ...
    which surprised me since i thought that AMD listed
    the minimum speed whereas Pentium listed
    the maximum speed.. obviously not so..
    gooch, Jan 20, 2005
  8. gooch wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:47:36 GMT, "Alan" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Anyone kow a website that has the tru CPU speeds of AMD processors?
    >>Cheers
    >>Al.
    >>

    > my sempron 2600 is lsted in my system as 1.8 gHz ...
    > which surprised me since i thought that AMD listed
    > the minimum speed whereas Pentium listed
    > the maximum speed.. obviously not so..

    Intel lists the actual clock speed, AMD lists the "if this were an Intel
    chip it would be this fast" speed.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 20, 2005
  9. Alan

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Rôgêr mused:

    | Intel lists the actual clock speed, AMD lists the "if this were an Intel
    | chip it would be this fast" speed.

    Technically, it's "if this were a AMD Duron chip ..."
    mhicaoidh, Jan 20, 2005