    system has a AMD Athlon XP 2000 1.67 ghz in pc health check it says it is
    54 degrees C . something smells warm.
    thanks. the rebelmc.

    therebel, Jun 30, 2005

  2. therebel

    chuckie® Guest

    Sounds high to me, for comparison, I have an AMD 64/3000 that runs 25-27°
    C....luck...

    chuckie®, Jul 1, 2005

  3. therebel

    Fakename Guest

    You're still ok at that temp but I don't think it should be running
    quite that hot. Could be several different things causing it. Here's a
    list of some of them:

    1: Is the CPU fan working properly?
    2: Is the CPU fan seated/installed correctly?
    3: Is the thermal gel installed correctly?
    4: Does the case have adequate fanning and air flow?

    I advise you to start by checking these things.

    Fakename, Jul 1, 2005