    Thanks.

    /Z.

    , Feb 20, 2006

  2. Chet Guest

    I hope you mean GHz. I haven't seen a 1 MHz cpu since the mid sixties.

    Chet, Feb 20, 2006

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a cpu that should be running at about 2Mhz speed, but it shows
    > only around 1 Mhz when I run a system test. I know something has to be
    > changed in BIOS but I am not sure how to do it. Anyone who please could
    > help me??
    > Thanks.

    What exact CPU is it? If you say, somebody will be most likely to tell
    you how to set it up in the bios.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 20, 2006
  4. Guest

    Sorry, meant GHZ of course...

    The cpu is a AMD Athlon 2600+.

    /Z.

    Plato skrev:

    > wrote:
    > >
    > > I have a cpu that should be running at about 2Mhz speed, but it shows
    > > only around 1 Mhz when I run a system test. I know something has to be
    > > changed in BIOS but I am not sure how to do it. Anyone who please could
    > > help me??
    > > Thanks.

    > What exact CPU is it? If you say, somebody will be most likely to tell
    > you how to set it up in the bios.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    , Feb 21, 2006
  5. JD Guest

    wrote:
    > Sorry, meant GHZ of course...
    >
    > The cpu is a AMD Athlon 2600+.
    >
    > /Z.

    There are different types of "AMD Athlon XP 2600+" processors depending
    on the "core" Thoroughbred or Barton, one has a 266Mhz Front side Bus
    and the newer¹ ones a 333Mhz FSB.

    Depending on what type you have the Settings should be

    Thoroughbred
    266Mhz FSB
    Multiplier 8x
    Correct Speed Of processor 2133Mhz (2.1Ghz)

    Barton
    333Mhz FSB
    Multiplier 6.25
    Correct Speed of processor 2083Mhz (2Ghz)

    Both processors are locked, meaning you cannot change the multiplier
    without "tricking" the cpu.
    The simplest thing to do would be to check the multiplier in your bios
    and adjust the Front Side Bus accordingly (FSB)

    ¹I say newer, but the socket A is now obsolete.

    JD

    JD, Feb 21, 2006