    everything else shuts down like normal, but the PSU and CPU fan keeping
    running, unless I disconnect from the mains.

    Any ideas?

    harryoid, Oct 29, 2007

  2. harryoid

    thanatoid Guest

    "harryoid" <> wrote in
    news:4725b8dc$0$6689$:

    > Old MSI KM2M + Athlon 1800+ being rebuilt for a friend has
    > an unusual quirk.
    >
    > As soon as the PSU is plugged into the mains, the CPU & PSU
    > fans start kicking over at full speed.
    >
    > It operates fine, but after selecting Shutdown, the
    > display, harddrives and everything else shuts down like
    > normal, but the PSU and CPU fan keeping running, unless I
    > disconnect from the mains.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Just an uneducated guess, but I think someone connected the fans
    wrong - possibly thinking it was an "improvement". A technician
    should be able to fix it right away. Ask first before dragging
    the thing over there.

    If you can't fix it, you should get a UPS or at least a decent
    power bar and power up/down everything with one switch. That
    will take care of it too.

    thanatoid, Oct 29, 2007