    I'm using right now. The mobo is an Asus P4S800 and the CPU is an Intel P4
    2.4 or 2.8 gHz (I can't remember which). Is there a relatively easy way to
    tell which needs to be replaced?
    Thip, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Take the cpu out, If the pc then beeps at you its probably the cpu, but that
    not 100%, I had a similar problem recently and just removed everything one
    bit at a time.

    "Thip" <> wrote in message
    I switched on daughter's computer, all the lights lit up (CD, DVD, HDD) and
    stayed lit, but the computer wouldn't boot. It's either the mobo or the
    CPU--*everything* (emphasis on "everything") else works fine in the machine
    David Griffin, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Thip

    Thip Guest

    "David Griffin" <> wrote in message
    > Take the cpu out, If the pc then beeps at you its probably the cpu, but
    > that
    > not 100%, I had a similar problem recently and just removed everything one
    > bit at a time.

    Thanks, will try it!
    Thip, Nov 22, 2006