    to find drivers for the rest of the system but I just want to know if I can
    actually install XP 64 to start with.

    TIA

    elziko, Jul 12, 2005

  2. elziko

    DKI Guest

    Speak to dell. they do there own program and with it still provide support
    and the drivers i think, even though it costs more, it is better to go with
    dell and keep your waranty and be supported still by them. also somewhere i
    read not sure if this is true check with them i read that if you go with
    dells TAP program them un like microsofts if you don't like X64 you can roll
    back to XP Pro (which is whyt the extra is envolved.

    DKI, Jul 12, 2005

  3. elziko

    M. Murcek Guest

    I'm not familiar with Everest. Is it a CPU identity utility? If so, and
    your machine's CPU does have the EM64T extensions, you can run x64 Edition.
    As a bonus, you may even find that most of the drivers you need are already
    available on the Dell website - they're doing better than most at supporting
    x64 Edition on their workstation products. Good Luck!

    M. Murcek, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Use the address below for the Dell TAP, their submission form will validate
    whether or not your system is eligible for the upgrade. Cost is $40.00 when
    they ship you the x64 OS. Don't believe the email that says they'll confirm
    your eligibility in 2 business days. Took them a week and half to get back
    to me.

    Personally, I would go through Dell for the upgrade as they have some
    proprietary implementations in their motherboards that will be accommadated
    in their version of x64. And they have already posted a number of drivers at
    their site for x64.

    https://64bitupgrade.productorder.com/desktop/default.aspx

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jul 12, 2005