    heat is usually around 85-90 degrees F, and the CPU runs between 105
    and 115 F. the emergency shut off is at 185F.

    At what temp should I start to worry?
    PowerPost2000, Dec 21, 2003

  2. PowerPost2000

    Stevecam Guest

    "PowerPost2000" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > At what temp should I start to worry?

    When your ceiling tiles start to melt and drop molten plastic on your
    keyboard...
    Stevecam, Dec 21, 2003

  3. PowerPost2000

    Liz Guest

    "PowerPost2000" wrote:
    > My new machine has an A-bit MB that monitirs the heat. the system
    > heat is usually around 85-90 degrees F, and the CPU runs between 105
    > and 115 F. the emergency shut off is at 185F.
    >
    > At what temp should I start to worry?

    The average CPU temperature in idle state is below 50 C (122 F);
    167 degrees F while heavy loading.

    Is the CPU temperature too high
    http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/qa/2003/2003052801.htm
    Liz, Dec 21, 2003
  4. PowerPost2000

    Graham Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message
    > "PowerPost2000" wrote:
    > > My new machine has an A-bit MB that monitirs the heat. the system
    > > heat is usually around 85-90 degrees F, and the CPU runs between 105
    > > and 115 F. the emergency shut off is at 185F.
    > >
    > > At what temp should I start to worry?

    > The average CPU temperature in idle state is below 50 C (122 F);
    > 167 degrees F while heavy loading.
    >
    > Is the CPU temperature too high
    > http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/qa/2003/2003052801.htm

    50C would be ok for idle as long as it stayed under 60C at full load. The
    key is consistently - It doesnt matter if your CPU is at 55C as long as it
    would stay there if you left it on forever - this depends on reducing the
    quantity of hot air in the case.
    Graham, Dec 21, 2003
  5. It was on Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:50:52 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Stevecam wrote:

    > "PowerPost2000" <> wrote in message
    >> At what temp should I start to worry?

    > When your ceiling tiles start to melt and drop molten plastic on your
    > keyboard...

    Hmm..I was thinking along the lines of eggs frying on the casing....

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
    William Poaster, Dec 22, 2003