CPU fan start up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fastmoggy, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)

    Not got a problem with it and ive been using it for over 4 hours now so the
    problem is just weird?

    Anyway on all the other computers ive built the cpu fan starts ups on power
    up, On this motherboard the fans starts for a few seconds the stops! it
    will then start again maybe 20 seconds to a minute later!!
    My question is....are the newer mother boards waiting for the cpu to reach a
    certain temperature before activatiting or have i got a dodgy start up? the
    fan can be set up in the bios as normal-cruise up to 'full throttle' as i
    seemed to have got a gamers board other than i the one i asked for!
    Ive read the booklet but as of yet ive seen nothing that says the cpu fan
    will do this but it does all the same!
    Ive checked the bios on start-up to see if the fans are spinning and they
    are so is this now new bill gates normal type thing of have i got a problem?
    which now after 4hours 40 minutes the computer hasn't blown up yet!
    Maybe im just paranoid but this is just not right?
    If i set up the setup for the fan warning alram to halt system it does just
    that! i have put the shut down temp at 60*c to be on the safe side so if it
    is not right i should know but as of yet and playing doom 3 it's not
    faltered other than me being killed a few times :-(
    Any thoughts on this fan thing or if u use this mother board let me know if
    you have a similar 'problem'
    Cheers Chris

    Fastmoggy, Jan 19, 2007

  2. Fastmoggy

    Gazwad Guest

    Fastmoggy <>, the scraggy-old-man and grotesque
    light in the loafers who likes deplorable deeds with humpback whales,
    and whose partner is a bad-girl with a dank hootch, wrote in
    <ULcsh.66866$>:
    > Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)
    >
    > Not got a problem with it and ive been using it for over 4 hours now
    > so the problem is just weird?
    >
    > Anyway on all the other computers ive built the cpu fan starts ups on
    > power up, On this motherboard the fans starts for a few seconds the
    > stops! it will then start again maybe 20 seconds to a minute later!!
    > My question is....are the newer mother boards waiting for the cpu to
    > reach a certain temperature before activatiting or have i got a dodgy
    > start up? the fan can be set up in the bios as normal-cruise up to
    > 'full throttle' as i seemed to have got a gamers board other than i
    > the one i asked for! Ive read the booklet but as of yet ive seen nothing
    > that says the cpu
    > fan will do this but it does all the same!
    > Ive checked the bios on start-up to see if the fans are spinning and
    > they are so is this now new bill gates normal type thing of have i
    > got a problem? which now after 4hours 40 minutes the computer hasn't
    > blown up yet! Maybe im just paranoid but this is just not right?
    > If i set up the setup for the fan warning alram to halt system it
    > does just that! i have put the shut down temp at 60*c to be on the
    > safe side so if it is not right i should know but as of yet and
    > playing doom 3 it's not faltered other than me being killed a few
    > times :-( Any thoughts on this fan thing or if u use this mother board let
    > me
    > know if you have a similar 'problem'
    > Cheers Chris

    It's a feature.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Fastmoggy

    DB Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:12:37 +0100, "Gazwad"
    <> wrote:

    >Fastmoggy <>, the scraggy-old-man and grotesque
    >light in the loafers who likes deplorable deeds with humpback whales,
    >and whose partner is a bad-girl with a dank hootch, wrote in
    ><ULcsh.66866$>:
    >> Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)
    >>
    >> Not got a problem with it and ive been using it for over 4 hours now
    >> so the problem is just weird?
    >>
    >> Anyway on all the other computers ive built the cpu fan starts ups on
    >> power up, On this motherboard the fans starts for a few seconds the
    >> stops! it will then start again maybe 20 seconds to a minute later!!
    >> My question is....are the newer mother boards waiting for the cpu to
    >> reach a certain temperature before activatiting or have i got a dodgy
    >> start up? the fan can be set up in the bios as normal-cruise up to
    >> 'full throttle' as i seemed to have got a gamers board other than i
    >> the one i asked for! Ive read the booklet but as of yet ive seen nothing
    >> that says the cpu
    >> fan will do this but it does all the same!
    >> Ive checked the bios on start-up to see if the fans are spinning and
    >> they are so is this now new bill gates normal type thing of have i
    >> got a problem? which now after 4hours 40 minutes the computer hasn't
    >> blown up yet! Maybe im just paranoid but this is just not right?
    >> If i set up the setup for the fan warning alram to halt system it
    >> does just that! i have put the shut down temp at 60*c to be on the
    >> safe side so if it is not right i should know but as of yet and
    >> playing doom 3 it's not faltered other than me being killed a few
    >> times :-( Any thoughts on this fan thing or if u use this mother board let
    >> me
    >> know if you have a similar 'problem'
    >> Cheers Chris

    >It's a feature.

    Hahahahhahahahahahahaha! ROTFL!!!!!!!!

    I don't know if you meant this to be a pun or not. But if you ask
    Bill Gates about his fuckin' bugs, he tells you it's a
    FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    No Bill Gates has nothing to do with writing your BIOS THANK GOD,
    THANK GOD, THANK GOD, THANK GOD!

    It probably is something new to allow the CPU to reach it's
    operating temperature faster. Personally I would turn this off if I
    could, The biggest problem with most electronic equipment is the
    cooling off and heating up of components when you turn equipment on
    and off. So why allow a RAPID heat up of a component??????

    DB

    DB Cooper, Jan 20, 2007
  4. Fastmoggy

    Gazwad Guest

    DB Cooper <>, the
    fossilised-stumblebum and eager stir-shit who likes debauched ear sex
    with blackbirds, and whose partner is a glad-girl with a lousy wet

    You stupid ****.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jan 20, 2007
  5. Fastmoggy

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:47:00 GMT I never confuse arrogance with
    confidence nor ability with ambition "Fastmoggy"
    <> sent this :

    >Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)
    >
    >Not got a problem with it and ive been using it for over 4 hours now so the
    >problem is just weird?
    >
    >Anyway on all the other computers ive built the cpu fan starts ups on power
    >up, On this motherboard the fans starts for a few seconds the stops! it
    >will then start again maybe 20 seconds to a minute later!!
    >My question is....are the newer mother boards waiting for the cpu to reach a
    >certain temperature before activatiting or have i got a dodgy start up? the
    >fan can be set up in the bios as normal-cruise up to 'full throttle' as i
    >seemed to have got a gamers board other than i the one i asked for!
    >Ive read the booklet but as of yet ive seen nothing that says the cpu fan
    >will do this but it does all the same!
    >Ive checked the bios on start-up to see if the fans are spinning and they
    >are so is this now new bill gates normal type thing of have i got a problem?
    >which now after 4hours 40 minutes the computer hasn't blown up yet!
    >Maybe im just paranoid but this is just not right?
    >If i set up the setup for the fan warning alram to halt system it does just
    >that! i have put the shut down temp at 60*c to be on the safe side so if it
    >is not right i should know but as of yet and playing doom 3 it's not
    >faltered other than me being killed a few times :-(
    >Any thoughts on this fan thing or if u use this mother board let me know if
    >you have a similar 'problem'
    >Cheers Chris

    If you are having no problems then I wouldn't worry.Yes it is
    a,"Feature".Many newer mother boards now have sensors to detect when
    the system(CPU etc) require the fan/s to be used.They also have the
    ability to shutdown the system if the hardware temps exceed the
    pre-defined parameters that are safe for your system(BIOS).

    This has nothing to do with the also included ability on the MS O/S
    since Win98 to also detect and monitor any heat or abnormal related
    problems.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jan 20, 2007
  6. Fastmoggy

    sbb78247 Guest

    Gazwad wrote:
    > DB Cooper <>, the
    > fossilised-stumblebum and eager stir-shit who likes debauched ear sex
    > with blackbirds, and whose partner is a glad-girl with a lousy wet
    > wrinkle, wrote in <>:
    >> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:12:37 +0100, "Gazwad"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Fastmoggy <>, the scraggy-old-man and grotesque
    >>> light in the loafers who likes deplorable deeds with humpback
    >>> whales, and whose partner is a bad-girl with a dank hootch, wrote in

    >>> It's a feature.

    >> Hahahahhahahahahahahaha! ROTFL!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> I don't know if you meant this to be a pun or not. But if you ask
    >> Bill Gates about his fuckin' bugs, he tells you it's a
    >> FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> No Bill Gates has nothing to do with writing your BIOS THANK GOD,
    >> THANK GOD, THANK GOD, THANK GOD!
    >>
    >> It probably is something new to allow the CPU to reach it's
    >> operating temperature faster. Personally I would turn this off if I
    >> could, The biggest problem with most electronic equipment is the
    >> cooling off and heating up of components when you turn equipment on
    >> and off. So why allow a RAPID heat up of a component??????
    >>
    >> DB

    > You stupid ****.

    I agree with this poast!
    --
    sbb78247

    resident redneck alt.os.windows-vista
    alt.os.windows-xp

    you aint from around here, are ya' boy!

    sbb78247, Jan 20, 2007
  7. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    "Gazwad" <> wrote in message
    > Fastmoggy <>, the scraggy-old-man and grotesque
    > light in the loafers who likes deplorable deeds with humpback whales,
    > and whose partner is a bad-girl with a dank hootch, wrote in
    > <ULcsh.66866$>:
    >> Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)
    >>

    > It's a feature.

    Some feature!
    Maybe im still in the stone age but when i saw this happen i filled my
    pants!

    Interesting fact or just right time the temp went up?
    when i manually moved the fan blades she fired up! Why do blokes call their
    machines after women?

    Well 40 hours online and the chip is still with us so this a feature which
    SHOULD have been at least mentioned either by the motherboard manufacture or
    XP dudes them self's!
    Maybe i missed something but then again i don't build systems wearing dark
    sun glasses either!
    At the end of the day she's here working like a good un and no probs...well
    except if you put in bios to halt on fan failure! which is 'normal' start up
    for new mother board.
    Oh i give up !
    Im Here
    Im alive
    Im brassed off
    But more importantly
    The bloody thing works!

    Yours in darkness in Nottingham Uk
    Chris

    Fastmoggy, Jan 20, 2007
  8. Fastmoggy

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    Fastmoggy spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

    > "Gazwad" <> wrote in message
    >> Fastmoggy <>, the scraggy-old-man and grotesque
    >> light in the loafers who likes deplorable deeds with humpback whales,
    >> and whose partner is a bad-girl with a dank hootch, wrote in
    >> <ULcsh.66866$>:
    >>> Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)
    >>>

    >> It's a feature.

    > Some feature!
    > Maybe im still in the stone age but when i saw this happen i filled
    > my pants!
    >
    > Interesting fact or just right time the temp went up?
    > when i manually moved the fan blades she fired up! Why do blokes call
    > their machines after women?
    >
    > Well 40 hours online and the chip is still with us so this a feature
    > which SHOULD have been at least mentioned either by the motherboard
    > manufacture or XP dudes them self's!
    > Maybe i missed something but then again i don't build systems wearing
    > dark sun glasses either!
    > At the end of the day she's here working like a good un and no
    > probs...well except if you put in bios to halt on fan failure! which
    > is 'normal' start up for new mother board.
    > Oh i give up !
    > Im Here
    > Im alive
    > Im brassed off
    > But more importantly
    > The bloody thing works!
    >
    > Yours in darkness in Nottingham Uk
    > Chris

    Page 46 of MY gigabyte motherboard manual.

    "CPU Smart FAN Control"

    Disabled =
    Disable this function

    Enabled =
    When this function is enabled, CPU fan will run at different speed depending
    on CPU temperature. Users can adjust the fan speed with Easy Tune based on
    their requirements. (Default value)

    "CPU Smart FAN Mode"
    This option is available only when CPU Smart FAN Control is enabled.

    Auto =
    BIOS auto detects the type of CPU fan you installed and sets the optimal CPU
    Smart FAN control mode for it (Default value)

    Voltage =
    Set to Voltage when you use a CPU fan with a 3-pin fan power cable.

    PWM=
    Set to PWM when you use a CPU fan with a 4-pin fan power cable.

    I have this disabled on mine. IF you're having to move the fan blades with
    your fingers to start it, maybe the fans fucked.

    --
    Mhzjunkie

    1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
    GOTO 1
    END

    Mhzjunkie, Jan 20, 2007
  9. Fastmoggy

    Gazwad Guest

    Fastmoggy <>, the paunchy-dawdler and shrill rump
    ranger who likes vicious intimate liaisons with vipers, and whose
    partner is a Sidewalk Suzie with a spacious furry front bottom, wrote in
    <Aoush.69154$>:
    > "Gazwad" <> wrote in message
    >> Fastmoggy <>, the scraggy-old-man and grotesque
    >> light in the loafers who likes deplorable deeds with humpback whales,
    >> and whose partner is a bad-girl with a dank hootch, wrote in
    >> <ULcsh.66866$>:
    >>> Got a Gigabyte GA-945pl-S3 motherboard (vista ready)
    >>>

    >> It's a feature.

    > Some feature!
    > Maybe im still in the stone age but when i saw this happen i filled
    > my pants!

    That's fair enough. I had a heartstopping moment and had to swear lots
    before I realised it was meant to work like that.
    It took several minutes before the fan actually spun.

    I guess 99% of people who build machines dont bother to check if the fans
    are spinning so they didn't think it was worth splashing across the front of
    the manual in large letters.

    > Interesting fact or just right time the temp went up?
    > when i manually moved the fan blades she fired up! Why do blokes call
    > their machines after women?

    Becuase they can't get a decent one.

    > Well 40 hours online and the chip is still with us so this a feature
    > which SHOULD have been at least mentioned either by the motherboard
    > manufacture or XP dudes them self's!

    It's fuckall to do with XP. I'm rather pissed off with Gigabyte for a number
    of reasons.

    > Maybe i missed something but then again i don't build systems wearing
    > dark sun glasses either!

    I hardly ever miss a thing. Seems like they didn't take anything into
    account.
    Working out the magyk key presses to get into the BIOS was a **** too.

    > At the end of the day she's here working like a good un and no
    > probs...well except if you put in bios to halt on fan failure! which
    > is 'normal' start up for new mother board.
    > Oh i give up !
    > Im Here
    > Im alive
    > Im brassed off