    Deivid Guest

    When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    Deivid, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Deivid

    Cub Guest

    "Deivid" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    > satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    You are beyond help !

    Cub, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Deivid

    thanatoid Guest

    "Cub" <> wrote in

    > "Deivid" <> wrote in message
    >> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i
    >> have a toshiba satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me
    >> ?
    >>

    > You are beyond help !

    Maybe, maybe not, but do it a few more times and the only help
    you will need is the directions to the store where you can buy
    another laptop to destroy at your convenience.

    thanatoid, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Deivid

    Ghostrider Guest

    Deivid wrote:

    > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    > satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    Install a motherboard monitor and keep tabs on CPU temperature.
    The CPU fan might be thermostatically controlled and the CPU
    temp has not yet reached the threshold. New model CPU's are
    also being designed to throttle-back when critical temps are
    reached and socketing has been improved to dissipate the heat
    better through the motherboard and chassis.

    Ghostrider, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Deivid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Deivid wrote:
    > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a
    > toshiba satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    My laptop (and most of them at work) seldom or never turn on the fan either.
    If the system gets HOT, it turns on. You need to get a system temperature
    monitor and see if you even need to worry about the fan.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Deivid

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Deivid" <> wrote in message
    > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    > satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    My Asus hardly ever uses the fan either. It's probably by design.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Aug 8, 2006
  7. Deivid

    SgtMinor Guest

    Deivid wrote:
    > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    > satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    Are you positive the fan doesn't run? On some Satellites the fan
    is very quiet and you have to put your ear next to the air intake
    hole, or hold your hand next to the slots on the side of the unit
    to be able to tell the fan is running.

    Check the settings under Power Saver Options. (Start > All
    Programs > Toshiba Console). Change the CPU settings and see if
    you can't "force" the fan to kick in.

    SgtMinor, Aug 8, 2006
  8. Deivid

    Deivid Guest

    I will check it with a motherboard monitor, i already changed the cpu
    fan, i use the notebook with the keyboard open to the the fan, but
    never turn on, and after a time the pc is hot and shut down.

    Thank you for your tip !

    Deivid, Aug 8, 2006
  9. Deivid

    Deivid Guest

    SgtMinor "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Deivid wrote:
    >> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a

    toshiba
    >> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?
    >>

    > Are you positive the fan doesn't run? On some Satellites the fan
    > is very quiet and you have to put your ear next to the air intake
    > hole, or hold your hand next to the slots on the side of the unit
    > to be able to tell the fan is running.
    >
    > Check the settings under Power Saver Options. (Start > All
    > Programs > Toshiba Console). Change the CPU settings and see if
    > you can't "force" the fan to kick in.

    I took the fan out, just for testing, and learned the da*n thing wouldn't
    boot without it. I put the fan back but now it still won't boot.

    Any ideas?

    Deivid, Aug 8, 2006
  10. Deivid

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:30:20 +0200, Deivid wrote:

    > SgtMinor "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Deivid wrote:
    >>> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a

    > toshiba
    >>> satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?
    >>>

    >> Are you positive the fan doesn't run? On some Satellites the fan is
    >> very quiet and you have to put your ear next to the air intake hole, or
    >> hold your hand next to the slots on the side of the unit to be able to
    >> tell the fan is running.
    >>
    >> Check the settings under Power Saver Options. (Start > All Programs >
    >> Toshiba Console). Change the CPU settings and see if you can't "force"
    >> the fan to kick in.
    >>

    > I took the fan out, just for testing, and learned the da*n thing wouldn't
    > boot without it. I put the fan back but now it still won't boot.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Find a Toshiba authorized laptop repair facility before you **** it up
    even more.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 8, 2006
  11. Deivid

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Deivid" <> wrote in message

    > I took the fan out, just for testing, and learned the da*n thing wouldn't
    > boot without it. I put the fan back but now it still won't boot.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Not a bright thing to do - Toshiba tend to get arsey about you opening the
    case and invalidating the warranty.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Aug 9, 2006
  12. Deivid

    Plato Guest

    Deivid wrote:

    > When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    > satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    Replace the fan.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 9, 2006
  13. Deivid

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Plato wrote:

    > Deivid wrote:
    >
    >>When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a toshiba
    >>satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    > Replace the fan.

    Most likely the fan. Could be the sensor. Try shut down, remove power
    plug AND remove the battery for 10 minutes, then restart.

    Rick Merrill, Aug 9, 2006
  14. Deivid

    Mr User Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Deivid wrote:
    >> When i turn on my notebook, the cpu fan never turn on, i have a
    >> toshiba satellite notebook M35 can somebody help me ?

    > My laptop (and most of them at work) seldom or never turn on the fan either.
    > If the system gets HOT, it turns on. You need to get a system temperature
    > monitor and see if you even need to worry about the fan.

    This man speaks the truth ;) I have a very old Compaq 1830 and it gets
    super hot and the fan seldom comes on. I even stripped the whole laptop
    one day and checked the thermal pads thinking about adding some paste
    but didn't bother and cleaned the fan.

    Anyway get a copy of Everest (Trial) it works with every PC I've ever
    known but there are many freeware applications which do a reasonable job
    of picking up the sensors/fan speed etc.

    Mr User, Aug 9, 2006
  15. Deivid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - my laptop nearly burns my b**** before the fan comes on <g>

    Toolman Tim, Aug 9, 2006
  16. Deivid

    imateski

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    don't intend on resurecting old posts, but only want to pass on the info for other m35 owners...
    I also had an m35 that at start behaved weird, only to totally die shortly after. I researched for about a year, and did some extensive troubleshooting of the motherboard and finally got down to the solution: faulty contact of the mobo with the Maxim power driver chip. The trick is to do a resolder of the chip... but the secret is in the technique of resoldering, which is jealously guarded in SMD-level electronic repair centers.
    I've written up an illustrated tutorial for this issue, and hundreds of people managed to repair their laptops (m30, 35, 115, A75, HP nc6000, nc8000, 9000 etc). Just Google "Toshiba m35 motherboard repair imateski" and read on.

    imateski, Jun 6, 2010