    board from 266 to 333 and then 400 but it's still coming up as overheating.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    VoggMan, Apr 22, 2004

  2. VoggMan

    The Prophecy Guest

    VoggMan wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Got an AMD 1700 on a Soltek 266/333/400 Motherboard. I've installed
    > the heatsink and 3 fans, 2 of which are running at a stead rpm, but
    > one fan is only running at 2400rpm and the CPU die is coming up at 55
    > degrees and is saying that it's getting too hot. I've tried to change
    > the jumper on the board from 266 to 333 and then 400 but it's still
    > coming up as overheating. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Well since it's an AMD processor, the fact that it's overheating isn't
    really surprizing. But in any case, you could try replacing the fan that is
    only running at 2400rpm. You should also make sure that the room your
    computer is in doesn't get too warm either.

    The Prophecy, Apr 22, 2004

  3. VoggMan

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "The Prophecy" <> wrote in

    > Well since it's an AMD processor, the fact that it's overheating isn't
    > really surprizing. But in any case, you could try replacing the fan
    > that is only running at 2400rpm. You should also make sure that the
    > room your computer is in doesn't get too warm either.

    WTF kind of crack are you on? AMD's heat problems are long since past. In
    case you didn't notice, the Intel Prescott can exceed 70C when properly
    cooled, hot enough that most companies who make SFF computers (the little
    cube kinda things) announced they will not use Prescotts. The running joke
    calls it a "PrescHOT".

    As an FYI, I'm running a Barton 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ speeds
    (overclocking from 1800mhz to 2200mhz with no voltage increase), and my CPU
    die is reading 51C right now. No, I don't use some $200 cooling solution,
    I use a $20 heatsink with a $10 fan that automatically throttles speeds
    base on temps. It only runs at 75% speeds and keeps the chip no hotter
    than 51C. I believe if it ran at 100% all the time the temp would be in
    the 47C range.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk