    replacing the heatsink and fan. I have never done this before and was
    wondering if I sould attempt it or seek a technician to do it?

    Thank you
    Dan Rather, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Dan Rather

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Dan Rather <> wrote in
    news::

    > I am thinking about purchasing a Vantec"Copper X"CPU Cooler. My
    > current heatsink and fan are a oem make. My AMD XP 2100+ is at 42 to
    > 50 degrees celsius and the fan is spinning at 4963 rpm. I also have a
    > NVidia GeForce FX 5200 card. I thought the Vantec fan and heatsink
    > would help the cpu temp out. The Vantec fan is louder but it spins at
    > 6800 rpm. Any input would be appreciated. My other question is about
    > replacing the heatsink and fan. I have never done this before and was
    > wondering if I sould attempt it or seek a technician to do it?

    You don't need to worry about it. Just keep your heatsink dust free and
    you won't have problems.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Dan Rather

    Dan Rather Guest

    Thanks Demon Lag,

    I appreciate your advice and help. I just had a 1.2 gig AMD T-Bird
    burn up on me. So I have been a little worried about it happening
    again. It seems the technician the installed the heatsink put it on
    wrong. To bad your not here in Rhode Island I would bring you some of
    my fathers computer business.

    Thanks!

    Dan Rather, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Dan Rather

    Spajky Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:07:00 -0500, Dan Rather <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am thinking about purchasing a Vantec"Copper X"CPU Cooler. My
    >current heatsink and fan are a oem make. My AMD XP 2100+ is at 42 to
    >50 degrees celsius and the fan is spinning at 4963 rpm. I also have a
    >NVidia GeForce FX 5200 card. I thought the Vantec fan and heatsink
    >would help the cpu temp out. The Vantec fan is louder but it spins at
    >6800 rpm. Any input would be appreciated.

    do not worry to much about temps if the sistem is stable ...
    (save the money...)

    -- Regards, SPAJKY
    & visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##
    Spajky, Dec 13, 2003