    part of the antivisrus software.

    What exactly is happening to slow my computer down and what can I do to
    bring it under control?

    james, Mar 20, 2007

  2. james

    Mike Easter Guest

    james wrote:

    > Whilst all this has been happening the AVG program has not been doing
    > a scan or downloading any files that I am aware of.

    Why do you say _that_?

    > What exactly is happening to slow my computer down and what can I do
    > to bring it under control?

    How is your AVG scheduled to scan?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 20, 2007

  3. james

    james Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > james wrote:
    >
    >> Whilst all this has been happening the AVG program has not been doing
    >> a scan or downloading any files that I am aware of.

    > Why do you say _that_?
    >
    >> What exactly is happening to slow my computer down and what can I do
    >> to bring it under control?

    > How is your AVG scheduled to scan?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    On the AVG SCHEDULER its set for 8am. Just a thought, how would I check to
    see if its scanning? Because it did'nt show up on the APPLICATIONS (TASK
    MANAGER) I assumed that it was not scanning. Is this assumption wrong?

    james, Mar 20, 2007
  4. james

    Mike Easter Guest

    james wrote:
    > "Mike Easter

    >> How is your AVG scheduled to scan?

    > On the AVG SCHEDULER its set for 8am.

    AVG typically performs a scheduled task which it has missed performing
    because the computer was off, whenever the computer is turned back on.
    That behavior is configurable.

    > Just a thought, how would I
    > check to see if its scanning? Because it did'nt show up on the
    > APPLICATIONS (TASK MANAGER) I assumed that it was not scanning. Is
    > this assumption wrong?

    You said...

    james wrote:
    > If in TASK MANAGER I
    > end AVGW.EXE then the computer runs at normal speed.

    That means that avgw.exe was running in task manager before you ended
    it. That does _not_ mean that avgw didn't show up in task manager.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 20, 2007