    most seems to be called "document.cpl" or "update.cpl"

    a quick google suggests W32.Beagle.X@mm
    maybe a new variant?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > a quick google suggests W32.Beagle.X@mm
    > maybe a new variant?

    Looks like there may be a new variant out there.
    ~1000 more since my first post.
    At this rate I would guess that it isn't being picked up by virus
    scanners yet.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    frederick Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > > a quick google suggests W32.Beagle.X@mm
    > > maybe a new variant?

    > Looks like there may be a new variant out there.
    > ~1000 more since my first post.
    > At this rate I would guess that it isn't being picked up by virus
    > scanners yet.

    new variant of W32/Netsky-AC perhaps

    frederick, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > > a quick google suggests W32.Beagle.X@mm
    > > maybe a new variant?

    > Looks like there may be a new variant out there.
    > ~1000 more since my first post.
    > At this rate I would guess that it isn't being picked up by virus
    > scanners yet.

    Symantec gives this.........

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    Symantec's latest defs will see it. Don't know about the other vendors.
    Although, most of the good vendors are usually running neck and neck with
    each other.

    RJ out.

    Ryan Jacobs, Jul 16, 2004
  5. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Anyone else noticing a lot of emails coming in with cpl attachments.
    >
    > we have collected ~500 here at work, it doesn't get picked up as a
    > virus(yet), but were err-ing on the side of caution.
    >
    > for those that dont know, cpl files are "opened" by the control panel.
    >
    > most seems to be called "document.cpl" or "update.cpl"
    >
    > a quick google suggests W32.Beagle.X@mm
    > maybe a new variant?

    Posted this arvo: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3050

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    Mauricio Freitas, Jul 16, 2004
  6. In article <>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
    says...
    > Anyone else noticing a lot of emails coming in with cpl attachments.
    >
    > we have collected ~500 here at work, it doesn't get picked up as a
    > virus(yet), but were err-ing on the side of caution.
    >
    > for those that dont know, cpl files are "opened" by the control panel.

    A cpl file is just an executable with a .cpl extension, pretty much

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 16, 2004
  7. Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >>>a quick google suggests W32.Beagle.X@mm
    >>>maybe a new variant?

    >>Looks like there may be a new variant out there.
    >>~1000 more since my first post.
    >>At this rate I would guess that it isn't being picked up by virus
    >>scanners yet.

    > Symantec gives this.........
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    > Symantec's latest defs will see it. Don't know about the other vendors.
    > Although, most of the good vendors are usually running neck and neck with
    > each other.

    the Mcafee ones grab it now too.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 16, 2004